Yet another WIP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

its been a while since ive posted, only a minor thing to show right now, the turbolift interior, some areas of the ship while its being constructed will be hidden as I plan to have at least one major easter egg in this map

Engineering deck is basically completed, at about 4000 brushes, I will tweak this a bit to lessen the amount of brushes being used, but it sets up if I go by the 30k limit, I can have 5-6 decks then, the entire ship will use the Enterprise refit design now

Also I don't know why its so glowy, It never did this in windows XP but in 7 its all shiny now.

shot0000-11_zpsb09cbcd5.jpg

Engineering also received an expansion based off the movie set stills and some of the diagrams based off the ship, the EPS manifolds haven't been

installed yet or the Y shaped conduit at the rear of the warp core

shot0001-13_zps82c8b0a1.jpg

Reference image used for main engineering:

6516484787_cae56b217f_b_zpscaae66c6.jpg

I could just use "caulk" lifts for the ladders or invisible elevators at the ladders, just a hunch or do away with ladders for lifts all together

in game screen of what the top of the bridge will semi look like: (needs better textures and a glossy shader)

shot0002-10_zpsa888ae31.jpg

Last screen for today, you can see the bare bones of the bridge now, and just what kind of view it would offer, main view screen needs some work but I have to use what I got for source, all of the original movies have poor consistency No textures are final, since the bridge isn't even in the right area yet on the mapping grid, its currently part of engineering deck

shot0003-8_zps23bb2f17.jpg

Yes there definately are models.Not quite what I was getting at tho. I was thinking of basically a platform, skybox, an attached corridor leading to a cockpit,I don't have nearly enough experience in mapping so if you have the time, do you mind explaining why it has to be large in radiant i.e. what specifically. is there a simpler way to make a small corridor and cocpit and have the rest an illusion so that you never leave the ship. I will definately have a crack at mapping soon, (couldnt get lighting to work even with a simple tutorial lasttime, I admit to my shame)

I will need to if i want to get the work done i feel. My Npc's and character on average are 110% scale. is that completely none effective  a scale to map in?

So many questions there I apologise, I am new to forums and a little nervous.

Hmm sure i misunderstood you there, sorry you make sense. I want to ideally have it as a starting point in the menu and have an animation when you start game or go into options to stand at different part of the ship. I know it can be done but is very hard work. not sure if a screenshot of a cockpit and a animated character is the way to go rather than a full model but at the same  would like to have a level where you hunt a target and force them at gun point back to the ship up the ramp and into a cell.Any way I'll start my own topic as im distracting from topic here,

thanks for sharing, Moondog.

"Dammit Jim" the bridge may not function well as a duel area but it will be present for aesthetics, but I will see if I can make it functional in some form, main engineering now has the hum of the warp core now, and the map has been outfitted with transporter sound effects that replace the default teleport sounds (might be an optional assets file with this map like my "Goldeneye packs"

The bridge and main engineering need texture and shader work, but its still WIP

Added the hand rails, and a crap tunnel for now to block out the void, and the steps from the refit Enterprise's bridge

shot0006-6_zpsa61db9b7.jpg

Getting ready to add the Helm and Com

shot0007-6_zps0c242080.jpg