Drawing tablet

Greetings everyone!

I am looking for advice from people that have experience in using drawing tablets. I am currently in search for a good tablet.

What would 'I' use a drawing tablet for?

- Writing notes directly into the computer/laptop (not wasting paper)

- Drawing (duh!)

- Drawing sketches for 3D models

- Work (in general)

All advice regarding which tablet I should buy is very much recommended ;)

my gf used to use the bamboo series, and the wacom series currently, and shes a graphic artist

just consider the reviews of a product, and personally Id make sure durability is high on the model you choose, cause of constant friction of the pen, nubs wear out on the pen, and depending on the model some have inter changable nubs for different thickess of strokes, etc.

Akimoto likes this

Hmm... at the same time, I have been looking at bamboo, which seem more affordable.

Since, I will take the tablet with me to school every day, I am wondering if the small one would be more appropriate...

Since "most" of the time, I will use it to write notes, and all else, for modeling/texture work.

@@

EDIT: However, I am leaning toward the medium sized one - I am wondering if it would be too big to put in the bag with my laptop...

These were both drawn with my bamboo.

mA9vD.jpg

malak_sm.png

wow, really? You're very talented. :)

Can't wait to get mine so I get to practice ^^

I'd love to learn how to draw properly, and having the ability to draw on the "computer" like I do with pen and paper is really going to kickstart my learning.