Coruscant 1313

Hi all, I started mapping in 2008 and now I'm back after a long break.

I'm making a singleplayer map/mod based on the defunct Coruscant 1313 game concept. I'm sure this has been attempted in JKA before, keen to see what others have come up with. 

The idea is to create an "open world" free play adventure where a huge variety of NPC's walk the streets of Coruscant mostly tolerating each other with flashes of combat here and there, initiated by the player or the AI. 

Basically this whole Idea rests on the the spawnscript parameter given to to the NPS's in Radiant which then looks up the wanter.ibi script in "common." I also have to edit the NPC's team values to have them not attack each other. But sometimes they do attack each other, which is great, but I haven't yet found out which lines in the NPC file dictate this. 

I am going to need help with scripting which is basically the backbone of this mod. Also my knowledge of VIS and portals is limited.

Oh and yes the map is huge, 32k x 32k units. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Credits:

Last_Wish, IG88

Eivind_n_haugen@hotmail.com

Mars Marshall "NeoMarz1", Aurra Sing

neomarz1@sbcglobal.net

Ahsoka Tanko;

cerezk.oz@gmail.com

Designed by: Cadellin and Cerez
Modelled by: Cadellin
Lightsaber Hilt by: AshuraDX

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Lancelot changed the title to Coruscant 1313
  • 1 year later...

Quick teaser, the map has changed significantly. I'm trying to make a HUGE map with npc's free to roam everywhere, and because of that I need to be really careful with my entity count, brush count, patch count etc. So it's going to be blocky. Anyone got advice for building huge maps?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ZelZel and Lazarus like this

The bigger the map, the more problems you are going to encounter, make it in sections, or better even, split in several maps (if you plan SP), For multiplayer, roaming NPC isn't smart, it will only cause server issues, and everytime a map restart if people kill all NPC's.

Blocky isnt necessairy. You can "fake" curves (phong shader, where you smooth the rough edges over like blurring hard lines) This means, you can "45" degree it with a smooth curve in it. A lot of different textures, lights etc will help with the admosphere.

• 2 weeks later...