what does Class_??? mean ?

I see thank you for that, but

is there any other thing in the npc file that will determine the type of fighting an npc does besides Class_Luke ?

can changing the class improve yourself if you are using the npc character like playing him as a playermodel when using the cheat playermodel luke, when you type it in the game ?

if say the helath of the npc character is 300 & I type in playermodel reborn_new, does that mean the reborn_new I'm playing as will have 300 health despite the game HUD saying I have only 100 health ?

is there anything that will determine the amount of Shield armor they have ?

On 2/4/2020 at 11:28 PM, RASAS said:

Hello,

I don't know if this topic should be here, sorry if it was wrong

I need to know what does Class_Tavion, Class_Luke, Class_Kyle, mean ?

I don't know which to give my created character mod in the npc file

Hi man! you are into the good places.

What are classes. well, JKA is coded on c++ plus language and its code is free open source availabe on GPL licence as openjk distro.

classes are defined into teams.h file in an enumerator. basically they are strickly connected to the various AI of the games. change class on an NPC affect its AI. the file when the classes are aligned to the various AI is the NPC.c (codemp multiplayer code) and NPC.cpp file

there are 64 classes and they have each one a specific behavour.

CLASS_DESANN: strong saber resistance, high damage of force lightning.

CLASS_TAVION: boss class, saber resistance, acrobacy.

CLASS_ALORA. dualspin and special saber throw and jump acrobatic movement flips

CLASS_REBORN: dodge and avoid blasters shot if have not a saber.

CLASS_JEDI: use force protect if is shooted by is not acrobatic by reborn class.

CLASS_JAN, CLASS_LANDO, CLASS_REELO: have altfire if you equip a blaster_weapon,

CLASS_REBEL nothing of special, is just a soldier shooter

CLASS_GRAN, is a grenadier. that class throw grendades if enemy is far, and use punch if is it close.

CLASS_ROCKETTROPER: fly with jetpack

CLASS_ASSASSIN_DROID: enemy is protected by an electric pulse shield and is weak to demp2 weapon

CLASS_SABER_DROID: specific class for saber training droids of vjun3 and yavin4.

CLASS_BOBA_FETT invincible, jetpkack, flamethorwer, smart AI that not need NPC to chase player, randomly alt fire and switch weapons. the best shooter class of all game.

CLASS_HOWLER: deal sonic stun AOE attack if you are close and move jumping

CLASS_WAMPA: class ideal for make beast and animals. have big melee damage.

CLASS_RANCOR: high resistance to blasters and sabers , can devour player or kill with a charge. is for BIG beasts.

CLASS_HAZARD_TROOPER: saber resistance damage is reduced to 10% also have the ability to slam you back with punches if you are too close.

CLASS_MARK1: as mark1 droid on JO, but model is missing

CLASS_MINEMONSTER: like the little creepy monsters of the mines of artus planet when jan is kidnapped into JO. model missing is good for little beast creatures.

CLASS_FLYER2 and CLASS_GLIDER, never ended class, should be some kind of flying beast i guess, but they not fly. also CLASS_MURJJ, CLASS_FISH and CLASS_LIZARD are incomplete. they have a big aggression and fight as semiboss class however. for what i see, maybe is just my feeling, but FLYER is more acrobatic, LIZARD more aggressive, MURJJ more powerful with force attacks 

CLASS_STOMRTROOPER: mercenary and stormtrooper. enemy soldier class.

CLASS_IMPWORKER : they have a better aim with blaster pistols.

CLASS_IMPERIAL: imperial nazi officers. they carry hiddedn blasters pistols. 

CLASS_SABOTEUR: if you set an enemy with it he use cloack and decloack for fire you. NOTE: not give to that class a saber: with saber is even cloaked. also, never attack. really stupid that engine is coded for avoid to stealthed classes to attack player -.- 

CLASS_SHADOWTROOPER: cloacked working saberist. drop force crystal on death that restore a lot of FP... pity that not attack when is cloacked and cloack just for hide when spawning, is not like saboteur that cloak infight. that two AI are very messy fIMHO.

droids:

CLASS_R2D2 /CLASS_R5D2: they lost they head if you shot with  a blaster on it.

CLASSPROTOCOL: 3b0 droid. dumb class for movements.

CLASS_SENTRY: that is not bad. floating, shooting and deflect blaster with an armor shield when is not shooting. also dodging attacks

CLASS_INTERROGATOR: chase the player and deal poison damage if is touched.

CLASS_SAND_CREATURES: the vicious sand worms of blenjeel planet.

some NPC are hardcoded for Use special AI behavour when they spawn.

cultist_destroyer: chase the player and blowup as a kamikaze!

cultist commando_ two uzi blaster pistols with high fire rate shooting and dodge ability.

Vkothos and dkothos: the twin sith brothers of vjun3 that heal rosh. they cannot heal if you spawn but they are nice to use acrobacy and also smart into force power use.

there are also CLASS_BESPIN_COP and CLASS_BARTENDER, but they are none of special. CLASS_TRANDOSHAN is a more aggressive shooter, and CLASS_RODIAN have better aim. CLASS_WEEQUAY should be a little more phisycal strong.

well, is all for what i know 

Odeyseis and Jeff like this

ok thank you for clearing that up, but what about armor value where do I find that in the npc file, I checked different npcs yet I can't find any thing regarding armor value in the npc files ?

I want to change the armor value the npcs have

does something say armor like health says health

7 hours ago, RASAS said:

ok thank you for clearing that up, but what about armor value where do I find that in the npc file, I checked different npcs yet I can't find any thing regarding armor value in the npc files ?

I want to change the armor value the npcs have

does something say armor like health says health

unforturnately, there is NOT an armor value into NPC file and into the code of NPC libraries. the unique way for get ARMOR to NPC. without code modification is with icarus, when you make a NPC , using a spawnscript command on the entity with  SET_ARMOR int value. so for example: SET_ARMOR 1000 and NPC will get 1000 armor points (it will take a while for destroy his shield :p )

cause i am very tired of all these limitations that are very frustrating and exasperating for modders, ando also cause they avoid me to do my game project, i am editing code for add new ICARUS commands for fix all the missing stuff, also for customzie weapons and force powers. BUT is a slow and long job that require a lot of time, coding is nasty job. >.<

5 minutes ago, Asgarath83 said:

unforturnately, there is NOT an armor value into NPC file and into the code of NPC libraries. the unique way for get ARMOR to NPC. without code modification is with icarus, when you make a NPC , using a spawnscript command on the entity with  SET_ARMOR int value. so for example: SET_ARMOR 1000 and NPC will get 1000 armor points (it will take a while for destroy his shield ? )

cause i am very tired of all these limitations that are very frustrating and exasperating for modders, ando also cause they avoid me to do my game project, i am editing code for add new ICARUS commands for fix all the missing stuff, also for customzie weapons and force powers. BUT is a slow and long job that require a lot of time, coding is nasty job. >.<

NOTE: NPC files are a buffer size limitation so without code hacking you cannot have many new NPC on game. i am porting to icarus all the stuff of NPC data so NPC file on my code will define only the playermodel of the characters and are not more necessary cause all the things can be setted with icarus by mapper and scripter, simply with spawn scripts that configure an NPC with all the things that someone want.

i plan also to make available the AI behavours for all NPCs, with that script system, instead of be hardcoded only for someone. so for example, is possible to make more npc with cultist_destroyer ability. but as i told, that require really a lot of time !