all your master servers are belong to me

jkhubmaster.png

ravenmasterserver.png

The code for this should drop in JKG relatively soon. It's available in the ultra secret code bunker of this forum.

Awesome. Isn't this pointless in jkg though? as you just use one server?

Get Razor to put this in ja++ xD

edit: also, would be neat if you could allow the client to add new master server options.

Awesome. Isn't this pointless in jkg though? as you just use one server?

we have been distributing the serverside to trusted parties

Get Razor to put this in ja++ xD

already been notified

edit: also, would be neat if you could allow the client to add new master server options.

Can be done already. Forgot to mention this. Just change the sv_masterX cvars on the client. The source list goes in this order:

* Local

* Master1

* Favorites

* Master2

* Master3

* Master4

* Master5

If you want to change the display, all you have to do is change the string in mp_ingame.str. If sv_masterX is blank, then that entry will be skipped in the list.

Can we not have it as an install file? As I dont code :P 'D

one does not simply "insert code into game" without worrying about mods and the like

MUG likes this

JKHub has a server selection? when did that happen

Pretty sure it has had it since long before opening. Was set up when the official master-server went down and people (erroneously) said it had been retired. The idea was to release a patch to the community which would let them use the replacement master-server, but the official one went back up and the idea was ditched. I guess they just never took down the JKHub master-server after that.

tl;dr; its been there ages, there just hasn't been any way to use it at all, as the game is programmed to look for the raven one specifically.

well, we should always have more then one master server, thats the way its been for along time. the ja+ cfg and cfg's of other mods are even coded for 4-6 masterservers :)

plus, i think it would be fun to make a masterserver, for experience :)

Crazy idea here, and probably not possible. Would it be possible to fetch the serverlist from multiple masters, and mash them together into one massive list? Obviously (if possible) you'll only have one entry per server (in case its submitting to multiple masters that your client receives). Although I guess I can agree with Caelum, we don't want dozens of master servers popping up.

Crazy idea here, and probably not possible. Would it be possible to fetch the serverlist from multiple masters, and mash them together into one massive list? Obviously (if possible) you'll only have one entry per server (in case its submitting to multiple masters that your client receives). Although I guess I can agree with Caelum, we don't want dozens of master servers popping up.

That should actually be possible.