Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man it's been a while now. Any pics on Gregor?

When he has updates to show he will show them. No need to take up half the thread with your posts about Gregor.

It's alright, I appreciate his interest.

An image is probably overdue so...

gregor1.png

Keep in mind this isn't totally completed yet. There are still a few bits needed to be made.

Lamented likes this

OMGGG Dude that is sooo near-perfect! Barricade I love you so much--you're a creation of creativity from God and the Goddesses and the Emperors and w/e else lives in Heaven! There's still a lot of scars to be worked on the helmet, but that's pretty much all that's needed left imo! If you feel otherwise, I love you for your addition! I've never met someone like you with generosity, this kind of creativity, and willingness to do such things! You deserve to be a famous skin-artist! <3 you forever! Keep up the good work bro!

Barricade24 likes this

OMGGG Dude that is sooo near-perfect! Barricade I love you so much--you're a creation of creativity from God and the Goddesses and the Emperors and w/e else lives in Heaven! There's still a lot of scars to be worked on the helmet, but that's pretty much all that's needed left imo! If you feel otherwise, I love you for your addition! I've never met someone like you with generosity, this kind of creativity, and willingness to do such things! You deserve to be a famous skin-artist! <3 you forever! Keep up the good work bro!

Oh no, I am sure there are many skin artists better than I. But I greatly appreciate your comment.

And there are Indeed quite a few tally marks left to be added. As well as the armor underneath the shoulder pad. The way the model is designed really helps the camo to blend in effectively.

The trick will be getting permission by the author for me to release it.

u need permission from the author to reskin something?

I like to get permission from authors before I submit something based off of their original work. I have tried to contact the creator of the Clone Ultima models and Hap Slash when I intended to release something but I never got any reply. I am kind of getting this from File Front's submission policy. I don't know what JK Hub's policy toward submissions are.

Either way, I like to give credit where credit is do. So I will respect the wishes of the original authors, whatever they may be.

ahh i getcha. yeah i figured anybody would be cool with a reskin. when i release my mod, im also releasing a source files part with just all the xsi's all rigged and original uvmaps without any textures n things like that. and all permissions to slaughter and redistribute at will.. i couldnt imagine someone getting angry at a reskin... but hell what do i know?

im on yer side better safe than sorry

ModView is only technically available on Windows. If you are using my Mac version, it's in a very complicated place and should be given an alias (shortcut) to give you easier access.

I like to get permission from authors before I submit something based off of their original work. I have tried to contact the creator of the Clone Ultima models and Hap Slash when I intended to release something but I never got any reply. I am kind of getting this from File Front's submission policy. I don't know what JK Hub's policy toward submissions are.

Either way, I like to give credit where credit is do. So I will respect the wishes of the original authors, whatever they may be.

Why would you ask NeoMarz for permission when it's not his model? :o

And I'm sorry, I could've missed your question for permission here in the comments section: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vode-an-delta-squad

Is that you?

Hey, no prob if you want to use our commando model, as long as you'd give appropriate credits. Actually, I'm glad someone want do do something with it, since it was pre-final release and made to use different skeleton. You know, there are issues with this model, that had been pointed out. Read desc of the file on moddb. E-mailing the original authors is always a better idea than posting a comment when it comes to asking for permission ;) And by the way, I'd like you to send me some screenshots before the release.

Why would you ask NeoMarz for permission when it's not his model? :o

And I'm sorry, I could've missed your question for permission here in the comments section: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vode-an-delta-squad

Is that you?

Yep, I'm the one on the top with the Wolf for an avatar.

Hey, no prob if you want to use our commando model, as long as you'd give appropriate credits. Actually, I'm glad someone want do do something with it, since it was pre-final release and made to use different skeleton. You know, there are issues with this model, that had been pointed out. Read desc of the file on moddb. E-mailing the original authors is always a better idea than posting a comment when it comes to asking for permission ;) And by the way, I'd like you to send me some screenshots before the release.

Certainly, thank you very much for your permission. I will indeed send you screenshots of the finished product. Yeah, e-mailing you probably would have been more effective. ^_^ Thank you again. :D

Awesome going Barricade! Not to sound impatient, but how much more until Gregor is finished? I can't wait to play with that model and glorify you on JKA!

I was very impressed with Wolf pack and I have no doubt this'll be just as good--maybe better!

Barricade24 likes this

Awesome going Barricade! Not to sound impatient, but how much more until Gregor is finished? I can't wait to play with that model and glorify you on JKA!

I was very impressed with Wolf pack and I have no doubt this'll be just as good--maybe better!

I can't really put out a date or anything like that. Between the tally marks that needed to be added and pieces that I find may need to be adjusted, it is difficult to say exactly when Gregor will be released. One of the reasons the Wolfpack turned out so well was because it went through a great many drafts until it was as good as I could get it. Considering there is just one Gregor, it should be no where near is long for him to be released. All the same, success can't be rushed.

Worry not, I will get him finished in due time.

And again I appreciate your interest.

I have decided to take a different procedure towards Gregor. I noticed the current draft I was working on was too bright and I didn't like how close the camo was on some of the armor. So I am basically starting from scratch and I am going to try a different approach. I think this will turn out much better.