Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

Update time. I have been working on a bit of things lately. Phase 1 Captain Rex, and Phase 1 Jesse are on the brink of completion. Especially Jesse. Among others, I have been working on a little concept idea. Basically it is an idea I've had for awhile now. It is currently an Imperial based legion but I have plans to work into clone trooper armor. No pictures at this time. I am working on some concepts and I'll probably give it its own thread. Once I have some more concepts planned out I will upload them here.

Now, the clones are not on hold. I still plan to work on both. Is there any particular clone you want to see finished more than others? This will help me to better chose one and work on it.

Call me biased, ha, but I've always been a bit of a Wolf Pack fanboy.

Intrigued by this Imperial legion idea though, look forward to seeing where you take it.

Believe it or not, that looks almost exactly like the first draft I made of Fox. He looks exactly the same color red. I am using a new draft that has a clearer white. Since Fox has a pretty clean armor.

But very nice work. Great minds think a like.

Yeah, I used the clean armour initially but he didn't mesh very well with the standard Coruscant Guard shocktroopers, who have grubbier armour. But you're right, even in the show he stands out as having very shiny kit compared to the men under his command.

Those are some sweet-looking clones. Glad to see you managed to conquer Jesse's helmet, by far the trickiest of the bunch.

I know. You would not believe how absolutely horrible the shape looks on the image. But it looks so much better on the actual model.

We are indeed nearing the finishing stages of the Wolfpack. However I need some advise on some smaller matters, what should I use for icons? I at first was thinking of just using screencaps from the show but I think I would like to try something else. Any ideas on what I should try?

We are indeed nearing the finishing stages of the Wolfpack. However I need some advise on some smaller matters, what should I use for icons? I at first was thinking of just using screencaps from the show but I think I would like to try something else. Any ideas on what I should try?

Pick a nice background image for the icons, then use Modview to "bluescreen" snapshots of the models over them.

Quick example I knocked up to show what I mean, using this; http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1920x1200/star-wars/625977/star-wars-the-old-republic-logo-625977.jpg

So you end up with;

Icon1.jpg

+

Icon2.jpg

=

Icon3.jpg

Obviously you'll be able to do a better job, that's just a two-minute hack-job for example's purposes, but that method should net you some decent looking icons in the end.

therfiles likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

I need a little help from you guys. I need the symbol for the Phase 1 versions of Boost and Sinker. If anyone can find the symbol used on this clone's helmet: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100824230027/starwars/images/2/29/Boost-TCW.jpg

I would greatly appreciate it.

Couldn't you make it yourself? Or do you mean a better angle of it so you can make it yourself?

You could try looking on YouTube for episode clips with him in it and screenshot frames that show it.

Update!

The Wolfpack is coming along quite nicely! I have made icons for several characters as well as setting up some team skins as well.

My mine focus lately has been on a concept version of Commander Wolffe. He is based off the design of the red Wolfpack troopers posted above for reference (I found a symbol for the helmet by the way). And since both the trooper and Wolffe are completed, I think they are both ready to be shown off.

Let me know what you think.

Omicron, Circa and Kualan like this

Alright, as far as skins go there are done, except I am considering taking another look at the Phase 2 Wolfpack heads. The only thing I am really working on at this point is sounds. So Wolfpack could be out anyday now.

I also had one quick question; how does one make bots for multiplayer?

It looks good man, but there's some real stretching/visible seems on the legs (outside of calf, inside of thigh) that really should be touched up. Would make a huge difference.

Other than that great work.

That is mainly a model issue. Not much I can do with that. I could try skinning and make the seems seem less noticeable. But even then the stretching would still be noticeable. It is just the way the model is made.

Circa likes this

Short of a new model (or just remapping it), covering up the seems would be a great start, for sure. Especially with skins like these that are so sparse (no matter how high or low quality the skin is, it's still just a white trooper by design) you need to make sure it's as polished as possible.

Short of a new model (or just remapping it), covering up the seems would be a great start, for sure. Especially with skins like these that are so sparse (no matter how high or low quality the skin is, it's still just a white trooper by design) you need to make sure it's as polished as possible.

I will take that into consideration.

Keep in mind these aren't finished yet. But I think they fix the main complaint people had with this model.

Cerez, Circa, Setlec and 1 other like this