Sounds Not Playing Ingame

Go to solution Solved by RebelChum,

Hello, all. As you can tell, this topic has to do with sounds and why they don't work from time to time. I happen to have come across a seemingly rare case of this.

Before we begin, I use Audacity and export specific sounds as WAV and MP3 files. And yes, the rate for everything I have just created is at 44100. I tried to make new sounds for an NPC with different sounding sounds under the same exact name as any specific existing sound in its library. Even after editing the audio bits in Audacity and changing the rate to 44100 and replacing existing files with new and visually identical ones (All with the same name as any given sound that exists and the same file/document class, which was MP3 for all of them.), I still can't hear my sounds. Might there be something I forgot to do?

If this gets solved sometime, I hope this helps. But in the meantime, do you have any ideas for as to what might be happening?

Hello, all. As you can tell, this topic has to do with sounds and why they don't work from time to time. I happen to have come across a seemingly rare case of this.

Before we begin, I use Audacity and export specific sounds as WAV and MP3 files. And yes, the rate for everything I have just created is at 44100. I tried to make new sounds for an NPC with different sounding sounds under the same exact name as any specific existing sound in its library. Even after editing the audio bits in Audacity and changing the rate to 44100 and replacing existing files with new and visually identical ones (All with the same name as any given sound that exists and the same file/document class, which was MP3 for all of them.), I still can't hear my sounds. Might there be something I forgot to do?

If this gets solved sometime, I hope this helps. But in the meantime, do you have any ideas for as to what might be happening?

Are the sounds mono?

Also, another thing - what's the file path for the sounds? It should be sound/chars/character/misc/sound.filename

Sometimes I also forget the misc folder and wonder why my sounds don't work :D

I am using my own sounds for GustavoPredator's Star Wars Rebels Dath Vader, so it would be GustavoPredador'sDarthVader.pk3\sound\chars\darthvader\misc. Is the misc. folder somehow a problem for a homemade taunt or an all-new confuse2? I mean, it might not be, given the fact that all the original sounds work perfectly.

• Solution

Hmm, that’s really strange. When you reopen them in Audacity it shows rate 44100 in the bottom left of the program’s window right? (Not just on the audio track.)

If yes, then, you could try using Audacity to compile them at a lower kbps.

Hmm, that’s really strange. When you reopen them in Audacity it shows rate 44100 in the bottom left of the program’s window right? (Not just on the audio track.)

If yes, then, you could try using Audacity to compile them at a lower kbps.

Oh, right. Are the kbps usually at 128? If not, put it there or up it to 320 kbps.