Kylo Ren SOUNDPACK & VOICE WORK confirmed

This is just for anyone out there, who's interested and looking at making a Kylo Ren model or is already in the process of making one.. That Adam Driver/Kylo Ren's voice work is OFFICIALLY in Disney Infinity 3.0.

I have the game on PC and 'The Force Awakens' Starter Pack & Play Set and I can confirm it, so if anyone is looking for voice work to essentially give life for a Kylo Ren model, then Disney Infinity 3.0 is a strong and reliable source to choose.

Whether converting or taking sound files from the game and putting them into Jedi Academy is possible, is of course, another matter entirely. But again, this is just to confirm that Disney Infinity DOES include Adam Driver's sounds and voice work for the character.

RevanKnight likes this

This is just for anyone out there, who's interested and looking at making a Kylo Ren model or is already in the process of making one.. That Adam Driver/Kylo Ren's voice work is OFFICIALLY in Disney Infinity 3.0.

I have the game on PC and 'The Force Awakens' Starter Pack & Play Set and I can confirm it, so if anyone is looking for voice work to essentially give life for a Kylo Ren model, then Disney Infinity 3.0 is a strong and reliable source to choose.

Whether converting or taking sound files from the game and putting them into Jedi Academy is possible, is of course, another matter entirely. But again, this is just to confirm that Disney Infinity DOES include Adam Driver's sounds and voice work for the character.

Sooooo Adam Driver LITERALLY provided his voice for the game...? Huh....Not bad.

Yeah! Here.. Check this out. It's pulled from Wikipedia, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, it confirms his voice;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Driver

The same goes with Rey, Finn and Poe Dameron..

I don't trust Wikipedia, BUT I checked IMDb, and low and behold.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3485845/

I'll give credit where credit is due, and movie actors don't usually reprise their roles for video games much. So they all earn points here. :)

However...Driver loses a bit due to being in....*Points to Girls and throws up in his mouth a bit.*

Darth Sion likes this

Just record using stereo mix and you can rip anything that is fed through the sound card so it does work for games.

Darth Sion likes this

I would attempt to do this but I would need to download the DLC in a torrent to do so.

Edit: Yep, getting it now to try to obtain the audio. Will update you on the progress.

Darth Sion likes this

What I would do is find a walk through video on YouTube and then use a YouTube to MP3 converter, download them, and then edit the files.

That requires using background sound removal which decreases the quality of the voice.

This is why I shall play the game by editing the settings to remove background music and sound effects, only keeping the voice sound on maximum. I will then record the audio as I play to capture Kylo's voice, just like what was done with the Darth Malgus soundpack I put together. I will then edit them to improve the voice and make it sound closer to the movie version (some increased echoes to the voice, distortion etc).

Darth Sion likes this

@@eezstreet Would this be fine with you? As long as I edit the audio?

Staff opinion: This is probably fine, as long as you edit them (and you probably need to anyway, because it's somewhat unlikely that they use 44100 khz mono MP3 files)

Personal opinion: I think releasing them as a pack is a bit lame, you should provide them as a free resource via personal dropbox or something that people can include in their models of Kylo Ren (there's a bunch in the competition, for instance)

Darth Sion likes this

Staff opinion: This is probably fine, as long as you edit them (and you probably need to anyway, because it's somewhat unlikely that they use 44100 khz mono MP3 files)

Personal opinion: I think releasing them as a pack is a bit lame, you should provide them as a free resource via personal dropbox or something that people can include in their models of Kylo Ren (there's a bunch in the competition, for instance)

I'll be providing an opensource download of the edited soundpack. (I was wondering if I could possibly upload this as a cosmetic mod in the Downloads Section?). I have been wanting to do this for my Shaak Ti sound pack, Galen Marek sound pack and Darth Vader soundpack for a long time. Every pack has been edited by me entirely.

Excellent idea!  :winkthumb:

Quick question.. do you need to make any progress in the game to access a confrontation with Kylo Ren? Or can I just go to that straight away?

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I only just downloaded Disney Infinity 3.0 and bought The Force Awakens Starter Pack, this last Christmas.. So I've not had chance to play it, yet. But I think if you have the Kylo Ren character to play with, in the Toy Hub and such, I think that may work.. But don't quote me on that.

I'll be providing an opensource download of the edited soundpack. (I was wondering if I could possibly upload this as a cosmetic mod in the Downloads Section?). I have been wanting to do this for my Shaak Ti sound pack, Galen Marek sound pack and Darth Vader soundpack for a long time. Every pack has been edited by me entirely.

If it's uploaded like this, does it require another mod in order to work properly? (ie, do you need a playermodel in order for it to work correctly?)

You said you wanted to do a sound pack for Galen Marek and Darth Vader.. Well, couldn't you use The Force Unleashed games for that? Extracting the files and such, in the same way you would do, with Disney Infinity?

Question:

Since the first "The Force Unleashed" game, the Rebel Alliance crest/logo has had it's origin from the Marek family emblem. Is that still valid, today or has all that been "retconned"? Just curious.. :shrug:

If it's uploaded like this, does it require another mod in order to work properly? (ie, do you need a playermodel in order for it to work correctly?)

Well yes it would require a model to put the soundpack with, since I would only be uploading the soundpacks alone.

You said you wanted to do a sound pack for Galen Marek and Darth Vader.. Well, couldn't you use The Force Unleashed games for that? Extracting the files and such, in the same way you would do, with Disney Infinity?

Question:

Since the first "The Force Unleashed" game, the Rebel Alliance crest/logo has had it's origin from the Marek family emblem. Is that still valid, today or has all that been "retconned"? Just curious.. :shrug:

No, you don't understand. I've already made those. :D

Okay guys.

Got an update, please note this is only a sample i'm giving you @ .

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0M18hjRcl47

:o Wow! I like it! :D Keep up with the great work! It actually gives me a general idea of what they sound like in the game too. 'Cos, as I say.. I've not gotten 'round to playing it yet. Hoping to get a NEW All-in-One PC, this year to be able to play it on Max. Settings and Resolution. But if you can apply that content/voice work to Kylo Ren's models, then I'm extremely excited to play as him or go up against him in the game.

This would actually work really well, too.. If someone does a Force Awakens SP Conversion mod, which I believe @@GPChannel is currently doing.

GPChannel likes this

:o Wow! I like it! :D Keep up with the great work! It actually gives me a general idea of what they sound like in the game too. 'Cos, as I say.. I've not gotten 'round to playing it yet. Hoping to get a NEW All-in-One PC, this year to be able to play it on Max. Settings and Resolution. But if you can apply that content/voice work to Kylo Ren's models, then I'm extremely excited to play as him or go up against him in the game.

This would actually work really well, too.. If someone does a Force Awakens SP Conversion mod, which I believe @@GPChannel is currently doing.

This may take longer than expected. For some reason the game keeps crashing whenever I try to progress the game to get more of Kylo. Don't worry though, it is on my to-do list, and I always finish what I start when it comes to soundpacks.

@@eezstreet I have my other 3 soundpacks, I just need your word to say I can upload them to "Audio". It would be like this:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1651-star-wars-sound-effects/

Only it would be a soundpack for a character.

TheWhitePhoenix and Darth Sion like this

This may take longer than expected. For some reason the game keeps crashing whenever I try to progress the game to get more of Kylo. Don't worry though, it is on my to-do list, and I always finish what I start when it comes to soundpacks.

@@eezstreet I have my other 3 soundpacks, I just need your word to say I can upload them to "Audio". It would be like this:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1651-star-wars-sound-effects/

Only it would be a soundpack for a character.

Well.. Good luck!