The Last Jedi - Spoilers

Guest Redemption

Guest Redemption

From what I've garnered of The Last Jedi, Supreme Leader of the First Order "Snoke"... Is just another nobody. That will probably be expanded upon through other media outlets, to be assumed :(

What I would of written for The Last Jedi would of gone something like this.

(I'm rushing this out, so it maybe messy.)

The whole thing about him being extremely powerful, but gravely vulnerable is because, he didn't successfully master the power of immortality...

His apprentice Darth Sidious cut him down before he could finalize his understanding of the force :)

But... He did not die. His will, too strong to fail, clinged onto the body, of the fried corpse it had now become.

Escaping the capital to the unknown regions for fear of Palpatine finishing him off, he seeks solitude to plan his revenge.

like as Sion, a Sith Lord of old, Plagueis continuously seethes in pain which in turn fuels the darkside energies to maintain his reanimated corpse, this however, is not enough. He has become a wound in the force which needs to feed.

Snoke should of been Plagueis.

*Knowledge of the Rise of the Empire and intimate details of Anakin Skywalker

*More powerful than Sidious and Vader

*Manipulates Ben Solo to do his bidding - To break Luke Skywalker and bring a broken Luke before him

Why?

Luke is the offspring of the "Convergence in the Force" The Chosen-one, Anakin Skywalker. By dissecting one of Anakin's descendents, which was created by "The Will of the Force", may finally unveil the knowledge he desires to heal himself. Idea being like, a Nihilus/Sylar character.

*It was said that due to Plagueis and Sidious' continuing in-balancing of the force, that the force countered back with the creation of "The Chosen One" of Jedi prophecy, to re-address their actions.

I believe that "THIS" is what they should of done with the Sith No One Knew Existed.

Guest Redemption

A post from @:

"The final scene with Luke becoming one with the force, for me, was understandable. He'd clearly put all he had into projecting himself, he did as Obi-Wan did before him and gave his life so the others could escape."

I'm sorry about this, I really am but...

Does no one bloody understand how the force works? Is the people running Star Wars dumping Yoda's wisdom in the dumpster?

"look back to your early teachings..." Around 1:53 and onwards specifically though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YkbgvRMpW0

The w h o l e bloody point is, that the force t r a n s c e n d s the bloody p h y s i c a l! Luke dying through exhaustion is just shitty writing for them to give him a heroes send-off without getting him killed by an another character - 'cause no one would like that now would they...

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I am absolutely against Snoke=Plaguies story, because it would destroy the Original Trilogy completely. That would mean, that Darth Vader doesn't matter per se, as well as Palpatine is of no importance. Yes, Snoke deserved some explanation in the new film, but yet it wouldn't be good, if he compromized other characters, both known ones and offscreen mysterious figures.

Noodle likes this
Guest Redemption

Im sorry, I do not agree. If your main concern is that it would break the "bring balance to the force" prophecy, then you are mistaken. There then would be one lightside and darkside practitioner left, hence balancing the force i.e, Luke - Plagueis It would still be unbalanced if left to Luke.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

While I too would appreciate more about Snoke, I do understand his role as a "prop" that Kylo Ren can push aside to assume his rightful place as Supreme Leader. That scene was awesome!

I'm pretty sure more will be forthcoming in 9, and other supplemental materials like comics and games etc, as much as people want to know where Snoke is coming it really doesn't affect the trilogy and would just be an info dump.

therfiles likes this

JKG Developer

Aye, just watched the movie, felt like RotJ and Empire done backwards, with some details changed (no Death Star or teddy-bears this time! though the penguin bunnies were, well, surprisingly not as relevant as I thought from the trailers - which was good). Generally, the movie was ok, not great, but it was decent, I think. Definitely an improvement over TFA.

A few issues I had were:

1) Snoke is just another nobody, as @ mentioned. Sure, I get it, they wanted an alternate take on Vader killing the Emperor and ruling the Empire instead of saving Luke, but come on, you intrigue everyone with this disfigured, powerful, untouchable character, only to kill him off as soon as he gets any development - that was just cheap. I do admit, the way he died was pretty funny and smart.

2) Leia not remaining on the doomed cruiser instead of Admiral whatshername - sure, having Leia die is a turndown, but Fisher died, and I'd rather not see another CG abomination in the next movie. Of course, Fisher was still alive when TLJ was filmed, but you know... Plus, Leia said it herself before boarding the transport that she was tired of it all.

3) Why are seemingly all the Resistance leaders female? I have nothing against women, it just seems strange that the Rebellion is a matriarchy.

4) Instead of sacrificing a decorated admiral, they could have sacrificed some insignificant character, like one of the hundreds of file-and-folder soldiers, a janitor, or better yet, a droid - tactically, it'd have been a way better choice.

5) Admiral whatshername dies before her romantic subplot with Po could happen - the first dialog the two had, I instantly said "They'll be sleeping together!", she even admitted to like him when they brought him aboard the transport. But it never happened. Such a disappointment.

6) Rey still not getting proper training. All she got was the meditation scene where she saw the sinkhole, and swinging the lighsaber around a rock. The moment she cut it, I swear, I thought Luke would say something like "That was a priceless and ancient piece of Jedi history. Now it's gone. Way to go, hotshot!"

7) Kylo Ren, although did wisen up a bit (I think), is still pretty much a tantrum throwing kid. Having him run state is bad news waiting to happen.

8) Still no background on the Knights of Ren. I was hoping we'd see them destroying Luke's temple. Either by Ben running off and returning with them, or by them storming the temple and Ben leaving with them.

9) Very little exposition of Ben destroying Luke's temple - all we got was him collapsing the roof\ walls on Luke. I was expecting more. Sure, who needs more when we got the reason behind it, but I think that in this particular case, the more part would have benefited the movie, it is an action movie, after all. We didn't see Anakin slaughter the Jedi in RotS, so they may have as well shown Ben do it. But no!

9) A lot of times, jokes ruined the mood. Luke is mostly the culprit here, either when he throws away the lightsaber, or when he "paged" through the sacred Jedi books, it just kinda ruined the overall mood for me a bit. As isolated cases, the jokes are good though, or had the movie not been so tension-driven.

10) The first half of the film was kinda slow, but I suppose it's not that much an issue, after all, movies can, and should, be different.

Anyone here agree?

Guest Redemption

I am absolutely against Snoke=Plaguies story, because it would destroy the Original Trilogy completely. That would mean, that Darth Vader doesn't matter per se, as well as Palpatine is of no importance. Yes, Snoke deserved some explanation in the new film, but yet it wouldn't be good, if he compromized other characters, both known ones and offscreen mysterious figures.

Eh, havn't all OT characters been compromised? Since nothing of what they worked for/accomplished, no longer matters... It was all for nothing in the end is what the new trilogy has shown. The new trilogy is the OT 2.0... How come people can't/won't see this???

TheWhitePhoenix, Mand'alor and Jeff like this

Eh, havn't all OT characters been compromised? Since nothing of what they worked for/accomplished, no longer matters... It was all for nothing in the end is what the new trilogy has shown. The new trilogy is the OT 2.0... How come people can't/won't see this???

It's more of a matter of not caring for me.  I don't see why it matters that what they did mattered.  That's how real life is.  Often your life's work is undone by others.  This is a new era and we need to "let the past die, kill it if you have to".

JKG Developer