They see me jumpin'...

AoFoXx

Hey,

I downloaded your mod a few days ago (I got nostalgic after seeing The Last Jedi trailer :D) and noticed a weird NPC behaviour on some maps (I played only FFA). They just seem to pile up at one place and jump around. Although it looks spectacular, all those lightsabers moving and clashing at one place, it's almost impossible to kill somebody. For example on map Duel of the fates, they're all in the hangar just jumping and trying to swing at each other. Unfortunately, this makes the game unplayable on some maps, as you are not able to get a single kill. It's a pity because some of those maps are very well done, but if you go behind a corner or a door, you won't meet anybody to slice and you get bored.

Otherwise, awesome work, keep it up!!!  :winkthumb:  :winkthumb:  :rolleyes:

As @@Domino5555 said, i assume the botroutes will be added in the future. Will they, right? :)

Here's the thing: To add botroutes, the source files of the map are needed (the .map-file). And here's the difficult part: Because the maps in the mod are already compiled into .bsp-format, editing the map is not possible. Only the one who has the source files (which Linken and Fire Phoenix haven't) can do that.

@@Linken @@Fire Phoenix

If I remember correctly, somebody made intelligent bots that don't rely on botroutes anymore. I think it was something for Evolution of Combat. They didn't jump, behaved more intelligent and are even avoided pits.

Here's the thing: To add botroutes, the source files of the map are needed (the .map-file). And here's the difficult part: Because the maps in the mod are already compiled into .bsp-format, editing the map is not possible. Only the one who has the source files (which Linken and Fire Phoenix haven't) can do that.

@@Linken @@Fire Phoenix

If I remember correctly, somebody made intelligent bots that don't rely on botroutes anymore. I think it was something for Evolution of Combat. They didn't jump, behaved more intelligent and are even avoided pits.

Honestly I thought evolution of combat was a single player mod.

@@Linken @@Fire Phoenix

NAB622 begs to differ.

1. I can't play SP right now.

2. I don't know if there are actual servers for KOTF.

3. If there are KOTF servers, I want to know where they are.

There are 2 24/7 KotF servers as of this moment. Go into server browser and keep clicking on "Mod:" button untill you select KotF. This will show all KotF servers.

Ok, thanks for the responses :) I will be playing singleplayer with bots a lot, but I'd like to try like multiplayer with bots and one or two friends as well, so that's why I asked :) Working bots on almost all (if not all) of the maps would be great ^^ 

Still, great mod guys, thank you  :luke: