Apply Normal Map On Model

Hello community,

I would like to use TFU Dooku´s head by Backflip but it has only diffuse texture. I´ve created normal map but I don´t know how to apply it on model. Is somebody willing to help me with that if I send you already created normal map texture? Thanks :)

Are you hoping to use this normal map on a modded renderer (rend2 or WarZone), or in vanilla JKA? In the last case, you can't use it as a normal map. You might make the diffuse look more the way you want by overlaying some of the normal map channels over the diffuse texture and tweaking it around though.

Are you hoping to use this normal map on a modded renderer (rend2 or WarZone), or in vanilla JKA? In the last case, you can't use it as a normal map. You might make the diffuse look more the way you want by overlaying some of the normal map channels over the diffuse texture and tweaking it around though.

OpenJK, if that's any help to you?

Heya tompa9.

I had a similar issue when I wanted to normal map my character. If you're using JKA without rend2, then it won't be possible to have a proper normal map on your character, but if you don't have/want rend2, then check out this thread,   https://jkhub.org/topic/8692-normal-maps-for-player-models/   which goes about applying a normal map without requiring any addons for JKA.

The 'Best Answer' there will show you what's up. But just a note on the 'Best Answer', you may have to adjust which colour channels you use. Green (70% Opacity) + Blue (30% Opacity Multiplied) did not look good for me when I tried it, however, Blue (70% Opacity) + Red (30% Opacity Multiplied) did.

Hope this helps. :)  Good luck!

ooeJack

Tompa9 likes this