SP new game styles (RPG - Space \ air dogfight battles)

I now JKA is substancially an FPS with a spectacular saber combat system, but i was wonderfing if there is the possibility for the Single Player Game to allow also other type of gameplay.

there is some project of multiplayer with RPG game code modification with a system of levelling \ skilling \ quest dispatching \ briefing \ rewarding that can be studied for be ported or created some SP version?

Also for space flight battle with vehicles fighters. i see in the recently asteroid maps there is some edit fo MP Clients in the pk3 of the map.

i was wondering if there something that can help to imprement vehicle moving on Single player for do a nice space battle fight FPS .

otherwise, if there is some way for create a new NPC class for FIGHTERS (i suppose that in that case will be more easy if NPC have custom rig \ skeleton \ weapons and class code that allow to have multiple blaster \ seeker weapons etc). (sure a "fighter"  npc in that case cannot use force powers so it reqjuire also a force power restriction, a custom HUD weapon selects, and the possibiluty of moving the NPC ever in auto fast forward moving.  (like  afighter) ... maybe doing a new king of "droid" class coded modded for the evenience?

Sorry if i ask these questions.

I think everything is possible, but the best way to try to achieve what you're seeking is to find out how to do each individual part first. As far as I'm aware, Open JK allows the player to move a ship and shoot with it, the main problem is that maps are too small for some nice flying. 

The most important thing to do would be to try and create this fighter NPC with the proper set of moves. Though I don't know how to achieve that, but I'm sure the Probe or Seeker NPC could help a bit with regards of flying and moving on air.

I think everything is possible, but the best way to try to achieve what you're seeking is to find out how to do each individual part first. As far as I'm aware, Open JK allows the player to move a ship and shoot with it, the main problem is that maps are too small for some nice flying. 

The most important thing to do would be to try and create this fighter NPC with the proper set of moves. Though I don't know how to achieve that, but I'm sure the Probe or Seeker NPC could help a bit with regards of flying and moving on air.

sure. now i am doing some modelling attempting, but after i think i will try to do a fighter class AI for NPC, simply because i see vehicles fighters are not much good to drive into JKA (i tested to fly with a tie fighter yesterday on taspir1, midgar_v3 and t2_trip map... i Never Seen a game when happen something so silly like a fighter that crash when hit the skybox XD... also i see that by camera view back of fighter is pratically impossible to see the laser shoot of tie. so, i think is better to create a NPC class (that works also for playermodels ) that can be used for rigged glm fighter model, instead of fighter vehicle. also because something like that can really get at disposition a large amount of weapons. droids classes sure will be useful. for command interface i think i will see the fighter vehicle commands.

About Rpg: i did a test editing script of t1_fatal. i see is possible with icarus to call a menu screen by ingame and for return ingame thhe menu need to contain "uiscript closedatapad" as command. i supose is possible to create a huge map of some kind of action rpg style with NPC setted in stand position and SET_INVINCIBLE on spawnscript that can be "usable" and when player use appear menu with briefing of the quest. when player esc by menu, appear the quest into objective of mission. the reward should be a strong weapon or a force power updgrade... theorically this can works fine.

(pity i cannot see mp code of siege_destroyer and asteroids mp maps about HUD cockpit and vehicle coding of fighters... should be really helpful for figure how to do this fighter class thing. )

Ah, i have a little secondaty question: i wanna try gtk radiant 1.6 but i get error to start up it also with XP supported version here on openjk... i suppose need visual studio 2011. i have 2010... there is not some early version of gtk radiant 1.6.0 with no silly request about visual studio or net frameworks, OS etc?

i looked also for NetRadiant , i see is very powerful: at moment developer of 3d remake of blood omen (blood omnicide) build up HD maps with net radiant. prodigious! ... but i see Net Radiant haven't any support for JKA and i cannot figured how to make it possible.

pity.

The map size can always be compensated by having way smaller ships. The main problem with that, however, is that the ships are coded to fall down in spite of the map gravity when they fly slower than 1000 units, and that basically forces any player flying a ship to go really fast if the ships are scaled down a lot. Other problems related to having smaller ships involve the camera view which gives problems with the LODs and centering the view on the ship.

Should a starfighter NPC be planned, there's already part of the code to get them working: you can already set the ships to fly to a minimum speed, as well as setting their team so that they shoot the enemy fighters and player. The only real problem in the end is getting them to move properly and coherently as they just won't turn around, and of course prevent them from falling down at slow speeds.

If we really want to put the icing on the cake, the first person view would also have to be redone, because most often than not switching to first person view on starfighters will put the camera too far ahead and will cause the model to disappear.

sure. now i am doing some modelling attempting, but after i think i will try to do a fighter class AI for NPC, simply because i see vehicles fighters are not much good to drive into JKA (i tested to fly with a tie fighter yesterday on taspir1, midgar_v3 and t2_trip map... i Never Seen a game when happen something so silly like a fighter that crash when hit the skybox XD... also i see that by camera view back of fighter is pratically impossible to see the laser shoot of tie. so, i think is better to create a NPC class (that works also for playermodels ) that can be used for rigged glm fighter model, instead of fighter vehicle. also because something like that can really get at disposition a large amount of weapons. droids classes sure will be useful. for command interface i think i will see the fighter vehicle commands.

Check the code for the drivable AT-ST. That's an entity on it's own in gtkRadiant and I'm 100% it has special code. It's a drivable vehicle in singleplayer with a custom camera, weapons and set of commands. If there's a clue on how to do a drivable ship, it's there. The entity is named 'misc_atst_drivable' if I remember well. 

About Rpg: i did a test editing script of t1_fatal. i see is possible with icarus to call a menu screen by ingame and for return ingame thhe menu need to contain "uiscript closedatapad" as command. i supose is possible to create a huge map of some kind of action rpg style with NPC setted in stand position and SET_INVINCIBLE on spawnscript that can be "usable" and when player use appear menu with briefing of the quest. when player esc by menu, appear the quest into objective of mission. the reward should be a strong weapon or a force power updgrade... theorically this can works fine.

What you are saying here is doable, since I'm doing something quite similar for my own mod! Quest-givers NPCs are usable and whenever they get used they target a target_change_level entity that opens a menu, instead of changing a level. 

(pity i cannot see mp code of siege_destroyer and asteroids mp maps about HUD cockpit and vehicle coding of fighters... should be really helpful for figure how to do this fighter class thing. )

There's no special code in siege_destroyer. It's just a very big map with a huge gridsize. The HUD must be in the ui files in the default game, and must be triggered in a same fashion as in the atst_drivable entity.

Ah, i have a little secondaty question: i wanna try gtk radiant 1.6 but i get error to start up it also with XP supported version here on openjk... i suppose need visual studio 2011. i have 2010... there is not some early version of gtk radiant 1.6.0 with no silly request about visual studio or net frameworks, OS etc?

i looked also for NetRadiant , i see is very powerful: at moment developer of 3d remake of blood omen (blood omnicide) build up HD maps with net radiant. prodigious! ... but i see Net Radiant haven't any support for JKA and i cannot figured how to make it possible.

pity.

I have never used GTKRadiant, but 1.5 and 1.4 work wonderfulyl in XP and it's the very same thing. 

@@Noodle @@Ramikad

many thanks for reply:

rpg: i never think about use target level change for that. is a really nice idea. better than load a menu with icarus. my unique doubt is about how many menu can contain JKA regard that. (maybe there is some way for make a menu screen multiquest, like ingamemissionselect...

atst drivable entity: i not thinked to that...nice idea!

mmm i suppose is possible to copy the code of this for new fighter AI and setting the movement studing movement of probe \ sentry \ seeker droids. the baddest thing is to force the fighter to go EVER on forward after it start to flight. for landing \ flying also AI of rockettrooper can be useful.

i figured also how avoid eventually crash on skybox: trigger teleports around the map can avoid that. if a fighter is too close of the edge of map. will be teleported into a safe position

i figured also how avoid eventually crash on skybox: trigger teleports around the map can avoid that. if a fighter is too close of the edge of map. will be teleported into a safe position

Another way would be to use the MP code run by trigger_shipboundary, which slowly turns the ship toward a target entity, although it seems to destroy unmanned ships.

Another way would be to use the MP code run by trigger_shipboundary, which slowly turns the ship toward a target entity, although it seems to destroy unmanned ships.

Lol... this is... unexpected XD. so it turn the ship but destroy the ship???? Oh lol XDD well now i see a lot inside the code what i find about that.

should be really funny however "space battle more short of every time! Boom! "

Another way would be the battlefront route, when the player strays too far away from the space you want him to fly around, just pop a message that says 'You're leaving the field of battle' (or something like that) and then self destruct the ship if he doesn't come back.

Asgarath83 likes this

Another way would be the battlefront route, when the player strays too far away from the space you want him to fly around, just pop a message that says 'You're leaving the field of battle' (or something like that) and then self destruct the ship if he doesn't come back.

Also that is a nice solution... But i thinks shooting someone that leave the battle for cowardy, is against the moral codes of...

well... i was figuring if i can do a conversion or some little game about the science fiction saga i worked on books for so many years.

i doubt cranion alien race will be destroy a teammate because is leaving battle. they are too good (light side.)...

sure skeelders will do that immediatly, instead. lol.

however, nice solution too. :) thanks for suggest. now i check atst driveable on openjk and i see what happens.

@@Ramikad not worry for gravity. doing the code for mist form spells for my LOK mod i discovered how to eliminate

gravity effect on the player. is sufficient to apply that to all CLASS_FIGHTER class 

self->client->ps.gravity = 0;
    self->svFlags |= SVF_CUSTOM_GRAVITY;
    self->client->moveType = MT_FLYSWIM;

this should fix the problem :)

Ehi!!! Now i figured also another important think!

Have you present when you use noclip cheat and move the player forward in a certain diretion? maybe the noclip moving command can help me to figure out about how to autoforward the fighter, and boost up or stop! :D

Lol... this is... unexpected XD. so it turn the ship but destroy the ship???? Oh lol XDD well now i see a lot inside the code what i find about that.

should be really funny however "space battle more short of every time! Boom! "

Not quite, actually. If you get inside a ship and fly it to the trigger_shipboundary, it will slowly turn the ship to the target entity, but if you push an unmanned ship into the shipboundary it will explode. "Shortest offensive of all times", indeed :P

g_misc.cpp

found about atst basic stuff

/*QUAKED misc_atst_drivable (1 0 0.25) (-40 -40 -24) (40 40 248)
model="models/players/atst/model.glm"

Drivable ATST, when used by player, they become the ATST.  When the player hits use again, they get out.

"health" - how much health the atst has - default 800

"target" - what to use when it dies
*/
void misc_atst_setanim( gentity_t *self, int bone, int anim )
{
    if ( bone < 0 || anim < 0 )
    {
        return;
    }
    int    firstFrame = -1;
    int    lastFrame = -1;
    float animSpeed = 0;
    //try to get anim ranges from the animation.cfg for an AT-ST
    for ( int i = 0; i < level.numKnownAnimFileSets; i++ )
    {
        if ( !Q_stricmp( "atst", level.knownAnimFileSets[i].filename ) )
        {
            firstFrame = level.knownAnimFileSets[i].animations[anim].firstFrame;
            lastFrame = firstFrame+level.knownAnimFileSets[i].animations[anim].numFrames;
            animSpeed = 50.0f / level.knownAnimFileSets[i].animations[anim].frameLerp;
            break;
        }
    }
    if ( firstFrame != -1 && lastFrame != -1 && animSpeed != 0 )
    {
        if (!gi.G2API_SetBoneAnimIndex( &self->ghoul2[self->playerModel], bone, firstFrame,
                                lastFrame, BONE_ANIM_OVERRIDE_FREEZE|BONE_ANIM_BLEND, animSpeed,
                                (cg.time?cg.time:level.time), -1, 150 ))
        {
            gi.G2API_SetBoneAnimIndex( &self->ghoul2[self->playerModel], bone, firstFrame,
                                lastFrame, BONE_ANIM_OVERRIDE_FREEZE, animSpeed,
                                (cg.time?cg.time:level.time), -1, 150 );
        }
    }
}
void misc_atst_die( gentity_t *self, gentity_t *inflictor, gentity_t *attacker, int damage, int mod,int dFlags,int hitLoc )
{//ATST was destroyed while you weren't in it
    //can't be used anymore
    self->e_UseFunc = useF_NULL;
    //sigh... remove contents so we don't block the player's path...
    self->contents = CONTENTS_CORPSE;
    self->takedamage = qfalse;
    self->maxs[2] = 48;

//FIXME: match to slope
    vec3_t effectPos;
    VectorCopy( self->currentOrigin, effectPos );
    effectPos[2] -= 15;
    G_PlayEffect( "explosions/droidexplosion1", effectPos );
//    G_PlayEffect( "small_chunks", effectPos );
    //set these to defaults that work in a worst-case scenario (according to current animation.cfg)
    gi.G2API_StopBoneAnimIndex( &self->ghoul2[self->playerModel], self->craniumBone );
    misc_atst_setanim( self, self->rootBone, BOTH_DEATH1 );
}

extern void G_DriveATST( gentity_t *ent, gentity_t *atst );
extern void SetClientViewAngle( gentity_t *ent, vec3_t angle );
extern qboolean PM_InSlopeAnim( int anim );
void misc_atst_use( gentity_t *self, gentity_t *other, gentity_t *activator )
{
    if ( !activator || activator->s.number )
    {//only player can do this
        return;
    }

int    tempLocDmg[HL_MAX];
    int    hl, tempHealth;

if ( activator->client->NPC_class != CLASS_ATST )
    {//get in the ATST
        if ( activator->client->ps.groundEntityNum != self->s.number )
        {//can only get in if on top of me...
            //we *could* even check for the hatch surf...?
            return;
        }
        //copy origin
        G_SetOrigin( activator, self->currentOrigin );

//copy angles
        VectorCopy( self->s.angles2, self->currentAngles );
        G_SetAngles( activator, self->currentAngles );
        SetClientViewAngle( activator, self->currentAngles );

//set player to my g2 instance
        gi.G2API_StopBoneAnimIndex( &self->ghoul2[self->playerModel], self->craniumBone );
        G_DriveATST( activator, self );
        activator->activator = self;
        self->s.eFlags |= EF_NODRAW;
        self->svFlags |= SVF_NOCLIENT;
        self->contents = 0;
        self->takedamage = qfalse;
        //transfer armor
        tempHealth = self->health;
        self->health = activator->client->ps.stats[STAT_ARMOR];
        activator->client->ps.stats[STAT_ARMOR] = tempHealth;
        //transfer locationDamage
        for ( hl = HL_NONE; hl < HL_MAX; hl++ )
        {
            tempLocDmg[hl] = activator->locationDamage[hl];
            activator->locationDamage[hl] = self->locationDamage[hl];
            self->locationDamage[hl] = tempLocDmg[hl];
        }
        if ( !self->s.number )
        {
            CG_CenterPrint( "@SP_INGAME_EXIT_VIEW", SCREEN_HEIGHT * 0.95 );
        }
    }
    else
    {//get out of ATST
        int legsAnim = activator->client->ps.legsAnim;
        if ( legsAnim != BOTH_STAND1
            && !PM_InSlopeAnim( legsAnim )
            && legsAnim != BOTH_TURN_RIGHT1 && legsAnim != BOTH_TURN_LEFT1 )
        {//can't get out of it while it's still moving
            return;
        }
        //FIXME: after a load/save, this crashes, BAD... somewhere in G2
        G_SetOrigin( self, activator->currentOrigin );
        VectorSet( self->currentAngles, 0, activator->client->ps.legsYaw, 0 );
        //self->currentAngles[PITCH] = activator->currentAngles[ROLL] = 0;
        G_SetAngles( self, self->currentAngles );
        VectorCopy( activator->currentAngles, self->s.angles2 );
        //remove my G2
        if ( self->playerModel >= 0 )
        {
            gi.G2API_RemoveGhoul2Model( self->ghoul2, self->playerModel );
            self->playerModel = -1;
        }
        //copy player's
        gi.G2API_CopyGhoul2Instance( activator->ghoul2, self->ghoul2, -1 );
        self->playerModel = 0;//assumption
        //reset player to kyle
        G_DriveATST( activator, NULL );
        activator->activator = NULL;
        self->s.eFlags &= ~EF_NODRAW;
        self->svFlags &= ~SVF_NOCLIENT;
        self->contents = CONTENTS_SOLID|CONTENTS_BODY|CONTENTS_MONSTERCLIP|CONTENTS_BOTCLIP;
        self->takedamage = qtrue;
        //transfer armor
        tempHealth = self->health;
        self->health = activator->client->ps.stats[STAT_ARMOR];
        activator->client->ps.stats[STAT_ARMOR] = tempHealth;
        //transfer locationDamage
        for ( hl = HL_NONE; hl < HL_MAX; hl++ )
        {
            tempLocDmg[hl] = self->locationDamage[hl];
            self->locationDamage[hl] = activator->locationDamage[hl];
            activator->locationDamage[hl] = tempLocDmg[hl];
        }
        //link me back in
        gi.linkentity ( self );
        //put activator on top of me?
        vec3_t    newOrg = {activator->currentOrigin[0], activator->currentOrigin[1], activator->currentOrigin[2] + (self->maxs[2]-self->mins[2]) + 1 };
        G_SetOrigin( activator, newOrg );
        //open the hatch
        misc_atst_setanim( self, self->craniumBone, BOTH_STAND2 );
        gi.G2API_SetSurfaceOnOff( &self->ghoul2[self->playerModel], "head_hatchcover", 0 );
        G_Sound( self, G_SoundIndex( "sound/chars/atst/atst_hatch_open" ));
    }
}

void SP_misc_atst_drivable( gentity_t *ent )
{
    extern void NPC_ATST_Precache(void);
    extern void NPC_PrecacheAnimationCFG( const char *NPC_type );

ent->s.modelindex = G_ModelIndex( "models/players/atst/model.glm" );
    ent->playerModel = gi.G2API_InitGhoul2Model( ent->ghoul2, "models/players/atst/model.glm", ent->s.modelindex, NULL_HANDLE, NULL_HANDLE, 0, 0 );
    ent->rootBone = gi.G2API_GetBoneIndex( &ent->ghoul2[ent->playerModel], "model_root", qtrue );
    ent->craniumBone = gi.G2API_GetBoneIndex( &ent->ghoul2[ent->playerModel], "cranium", qtrue );    //FIXME: need to somehow set the anim/frame to the equivalent of BOTH_STAND1...  use to be that BOTH_STAND1 was the first frame of the glm, but not anymore
    ent->s.radius = 320;
    VectorSet( ent->s.modelScale, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f );

//register my weapons, sounds and model
    RegisterItem( FindItemForWeapon( WP_ATST_MAIN ));    //precache the weapon
    RegisterItem( FindItemForWeapon( WP_ATST_SIDE ));    //precache the weapon
    //HACKHACKHACKTEMP - until ATST gets real weapons of it's own?
    RegisterItem( FindItemForWeapon( WP_EMPLACED_GUN ));    //precache the weapon
//    RegisterItem( FindItemForWeapon( WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER ));    //precache the weapon
//    RegisterItem( FindItemForWeapon( WP_BOWCASTER ));    //precache the weapon
    //HACKHACKHACKTEMP - until ATST gets real weapons of it's own?

G_SoundIndex( "sound/chars/atst/atst_hatch_open" );
    G_SoundIndex( "sound/chars/atst/atst_hatch_close" );

NPC_ATST_Precache();
    ent->NPC_type = (char *)"atst";
    NPC_PrecacheAnimationCFG( ent->NPC_type );
    //open the hatch
    misc_atst_setanim( ent, ent->rootBone, BOTH_STAND2 );
    gi.G2API_SetSurfaceOnOff( &ent->ghoul2[ent->playerModel], "head_hatchcover", 0 );

VectorSet( ent->mins, ATST_MINS0, ATST_MINS1, ATST_MINS2 );
    VectorSet( ent->maxs, ATST_MAXS0, ATST_MAXS1, ATST_MAXS2 );

ent->contents = CONTENTS_SOLID|CONTENTS_BODY|CONTENTS_MONSTERCLIP|CONTENTS_BOTCLIP;
    ent->flags |= FL_SHIELDED;
    ent->takedamage = qtrue;
    if ( !ent->health )
    {
        ent->health = 800;
    }
    ent->s.radius = 320;

ent->max_health = ent->health; // cg_draw needs this

G_SetOrigin( ent, ent->s.origin );
    G_SetAngles( ent, ent->s.angles );
    VectorCopy( ent->currentAngles, ent->s.angles2 );

gi.linkentity ( ent );

//FIXME: test the origin to make sure I'm clear?

ent->e_UseFunc = useF_misc_atst_use;
    ent->svFlags |= SVF_PLAYER_USABLE;

//make it able to take damage and die when you're not in it...
    //do an explosion and play the death anim, remove use func.
    ent->e_DieFunc = dieF_misc_atst_die;
}

on NPC.cpp is possible to find the functions that are activated when spawns droids classes

case TEAM_ENEMY:
            // special cases for enemy droids
            switch( NPC->client->NPC_class)
            {
            case CLASS_ATST:
                NPC_BehaviorSet_ATST( bState );
                return;
            case CLASS_PROBE:
                NPC_BehaviorSet_ImperialProbe(bState);
                return;
            case CLASS_REMOTE:
                NPC_BehaviorSet_Remote( bState );
                return;
            case CLASS_SENTRY:
                NPC_BehaviorSet_Sentry(bState);
                return;
            case CLASS_INTERROGATOR:
                NPC_BehaviorSet_Interrogator( bState );
                return;

here maybe i can find something useful like explosion effect when ship "die" or other things related to moving, shielding etc.

so, now i get the start points. :)

Not quite, actually. If you get inside a ship and fly it to the trigger_shipboundary, it will slowly turn the ship to the target entity, but if you push an unmanned ship into the shipboundary it will explode. "Shortest offensive of all times", indeed :P

rotfl sorry i not understood "unmanned" now yes. ahahaha a ship without crew. XDDD well, is just a ghost shipwreck loooool

XD some navigation problen, maybe. ^^

okay should be noclip movement.

i think is a start point.

void NPC_BSNoClip ( void )
{
    if ( UpdateGoal() )
    {
        vec3_t    dir, forward, right, angles, up = {0, 0, 1};
        float    fDot, rDot, uDot;

VectorSubtract( NPCInfo->goalEntity->currentOrigin, NPC->currentOrigin, dir );

vectoangles( dir, angles );
        NPCInfo->desiredYaw = angles[YAW];

AngleVectors( NPC->currentAngles, forward, right, NULL );

VectorNormalize( dir );

fDot = DotProduct(forward, dir) * 127;
        rDot = DotProduct(right, dir) * 127;
        uDot = DotProduct(up, dir) * 127;

ucmd.forwardmove = floor(fDot);
        ucmd.rightmove = floor(rDot);
        ucmd.upmove = floor(uDot);
    }
    else
    {
        //Cut velocity?
        VectorClear( NPC->client->ps.velocity );
    }

NPC_UpdateAngles( qtrue, qtrue );
}

Very interesting! One of the first things that you should try to achieve is allowing the player to 'use' a vehicle, in a similar fashion to the at-st. I'd try experimenting with the tie-fighter model, since it doesn't need many animations to be set, unlike the x-wing, which has the whole folding wings stuff. 

oh, okay at this point the things are 3:

- make a fighter usable and become drivable like atst.

- make a NPC fighter (when spawn with playermodel "nameoffighter" you are already inside and flighting. YOU are the fighter.

- NPC fighters for dogfight, with AI. this is nasty because i can also duplicate sentry AI for shooting but for movement, acrobacy, rolling, chasing the player... Help! D:

okay, i defined class into the code and do npc file file. is a little start point.

tomorrow i will see how to get an automatic "noclip" cheat on this class without disabling of colliding with geometry.

after i see about movement and autofastforward. sure i will change noclip commands (with mouse i want to shoot, not to boost lol XD. boost will be W key. )

https://ibb.co/gZyqHv
https://ibb.co/mRP84a

camera is okay only when you go forward mmm... at this point or i scale the fighter on npc file(but this will require custom map... instead of doing for fight giants map arena maybe do a fighter big like a player??? O.o ) otherwise it need a little fix on camera code.

(i think drivable atst HAS a camera fixed )

Again not shoot however :P

okay, i defined class into the code and do npc file file. is a little start point.

tomorrow i will see how to get an automatic "noclip" cheat on this class without disabling of colliding with geometry.

after i see about movement and autofastforward. sure i will change noclip commands (with mouse i want to shoot, not to boost lol XD. boost will be W key. )

https://ibb.co/gZyqHv

https://ibb.co/mRP84a

camera is okay only when you go forward mmm... at this point or i scale the fighter on npc file(but this will require custom map... instead of doing for fight giants map arena maybe do a fighter big like a player??? O.o ) otherwise it need a little fix on camera code.

(i think drivable atst HAS a camera fixed )

Again not shoot however :P

Nice to see some screenshots. Have you thought about being able to use the first-person? I know the swoop vehicle has a first-person mode, and thus, so could the tie-fighter. If it can have a first person mode, like the normal player, it could display a special HUD so it could look like inside a cockpit. 

I don't think scaling should be an issue, as long as you can trick the player with the camera's place. After all, the AT-ST is quite small in the base game and it doesn't really bother anyone. 

Camera will probably be a problem anyway. Keep the model too large, and the fighter movement and the model itself will most likely interfere with the camera view, but making it too small the model might disappear entirely, and that's not good if there's a front part you want to see.

If I may suggest an option for first person view, I'd make it as the player with its weapons: a first person .md3 model of the cockpit, while the player currently in first person view won't see the whole model of the fighter itself. I think that's also the solution Skew opted for his "TIE Fighter" mod:

• Created some viewmodels of cockpits (totally untextured yet)

Nice to see some screenshots. Have you thought about being able to use the first-person? I know the swoop vehicle has a first-person mode, and thus, so could the tie-fighter. If it can have a first person mode, like the normal player, it could display a special HUD so it could look like inside a cockpit. 

I don't think scaling should be an issue, as long as you can trick the player with the camera's place. After all, the AT-ST is quite small in the base game and it doesn't really bother anyone. 

lol i wanna point up this is NOT a tie fighter vehicle but a tie fighter NPC. that for moment "fly" because i use noclip cheat.

now i want it to fly by coding the class of npc file. this is the hardest part. the die with explosion and model disappering is easy instead. the AI of npc fighter is more hard because they should shoot player and fly around it, and chase, pursuit, rolling and do evsion moves if are shooted. not really easy to program.

(shoud nace if a "fighter" evasion ability is setted with "evasion" parm of npc file and the fighter combat ability with "aggression"

and the rank will change all these parameters in a global way. but this is too hard for me alone to code. )

Nice idea of doing cockpit by md3 hand model first person view of weapon of NPC-vehicle. o.o

the problem is: on SP the models of weapons are stored into weapons.dat so i need to change this setting by code (like it works on MP) for allow to work with various modded weapons.

example: the blaster pistol for a fighter can become a blaster pulse weapon, the blaster rifle the normal blaster cannon, the demp2 a em pulse weapon for easily explode enemy fighter, flechette and thermal can become bombs weapon or frag weapons, stouker and rocket proton and concussion torpedo weapons....

mmm this is more big and complicated of what i thinked before.

into the time... i am not again idea how to automove forward a npc fighter... so for moment i create the death explosion effect with body disappering into g_combat.cpp, in the deathfx code related to droids explosions.

case CLASS_FIGHTER:
        VectorCopy( ent->currentOrigin, effectPos );
        ent->client->ps.powerups[PW_DISRUPTION] = cg.time + 1000;
        G_PlayEffect( "ships/tf_explosion", effectPos );
        break;

No cockpit. as NPC \ playermodel first person is just clean. it need some special code in cg_draw for a custom HUD for fighter i guess.

However now i post a little list of what missing:

0 - NPC and class and death explosion effect. done.

to do:

1 -movement: player. (hover movement, auto fastforward and rolling and other command like a vehicle for this class. no letal colliding with map geometries.)

2 - weapon system model and efx changed for match a fighter (but this can be not too difficult. i have a lot of experience in weapons)

3 -disabling force power and saber (a fighter sure cannot use XD but this is easy for force power... for saber... i have not idea how to avoid a class to use the saber as weapon)

4 - NPC fully combat AI for enemy fighters.