SP new game styles (RPG - Space \ air dogfight battles)

Maybe something like Star Wars Starfighter has? It's simple and similar to the HUD from Jedi Academy.

fd3f4ebf4977b8c98028f409c56c376a16047f43

Yes, nice. i need a radar, an icon that show the heal of the fighters'hull and maybe an icon for enemy targetted.

i see some video showeb me by Mgummelt today and i love the HUD of MP asteroid siege \ star destroyer map. what i am trying to do at the end, is to do the asteroids mod things workings on single player.

the problem is to create a player client flyable NPC and enemy NPC with AI that allow to move like enemy fighters of the quoted mod.

it's really hard as project.

i hope to have success in some way.

now i was crapping me thinking about how to program fighter fly movement for player.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm, bad news boys...

after long days of search in all code parts i finally found the file that contain the information about fighter flight movement: is FighterNPC.cpp

but there is a bad news: all functions and vectors and setting setted into these fiels are specifics for vehicles.

So is not possible to simply port on an NPC class these features. they will sure crash the games for syntax and compatibily problem.

the unique way should be to recreate this entire array of function and vector commands of pitch, roll, yaw etc that allows the movement on the NPC's used functions... really it's a work i cannot done by alone, i have not sufficient skills for a so deep code hacking and edit.

so this project seems doomed :(

all functions are for the entity pVeh, for work on my code, this need to be converted to functions playable by NPC\ent  entity

this is hard... .-.

for example

fighter landing function:

qboolean FighterIsLanding( Vehicle_t *pVeh, playerState_t *parentPS )
{

if ( FighterOverValidLandingSurface( pVeh )
#ifdef QAGAME//only do this check on GAME side, because if it's CGAME, it's being predicted, and it's only predicted if the local client is the driver
        && pVeh->m_pVehicleInfo->Inhabited( pVeh )//has to have a driver in order to be capable of landing
#endif
        && (pVeh->m_ucmd.forwardmove < 0||pVeh->m_ucmd.upmove<0) //decelerating or holding crouch button
        && parentPS->speed <= MIN_LANDING_SPEED )//going slow enough to start landing - was using pVeh->m_pVehicleInfo->speedIdle, but that's still too fast
    {
        return qtrue;
    }
    return qfalse;
}

this need to be converted for NPC! .-.

Noodle likes this