Manual Blocking that ISN'T an addon

Well, I made two *.cfg files that toggles manual blocking.

Block0:

g_saberAutoBlocking 1
bind    MOUSE3      +force_lightning

This one disables it, but I have MOUSE3 set to lightning, usually.

Block1:

g_saberAutoBlocking 0
bind    MOUSE3      +block

This one enables it, but it also makes me unable to use lightning the way I usually do.

Obviously, you can change the different keys to suit you better :)

Langerd, Smoo, AnonMC and 1 other like this

Block0:

Block1:

This one enables it, but it also makes me unable to use lightning the way I usually do.

Holy Shiet... Can i use this for my mod??

THIS WORKS PERFECTLY!!! The only thing is the Stance is player model holds saber up which looks weird .. but i can change animations ^^

Holy Shiet... Can i use this for my mod??

THIS WORKS PERFECTLY!!! The only thing is the Stance is player model holds saber up which looks weird .. but i can change animations ^^

Sure, go right ahead! You can give credit if you want, but you don't have to. Also, on a side note, I really enjoyed your Cloud City mission, looking forward to the full version :)

Langerd likes this

@@Droidy365

Well i checked that and it is amazing when i want to deflect the lasers.. but when i was fighting with a jedi .. my character was not making any autoblock even when i was not use the alt for block. So i made small Cfg file.

set style1 "g_saberAutoBlocking 1 ; set previousstyle vstr style2 ; set nextstyle vstr style1 ; echo Lightsaber Fight Style" 
set style2 "g_saberAutoBlocking 0 ; set previousstyle vstr style1 ; set nextstyle vstr style1 ; echo Blaster Deflect Style"

set previousstyle "vstr style2"
set nextstyle "vstr style2"
vstr style1

bind z "vstr previousstyle"

bind alt +block

Well i made it from Zoom cfg made by Circa. It is simply switch the style every time i press z. it is a little annoying but it fixes the problem ;)

@@Langerd Nice lol. Do you mind if I use your version?

Also, you could try using a different key to make it less "annoying" That is, if you have any more keys you can use lol.

Like, for example, if you aren't going to use any other weapons, you could try using the mouse-wheel to toggle it. Also, I'll be using it for my "Rebel Conversion Mod" - a mod I probably won't be releasing. At least, not for a while. I might change the animations, too. What animations would I change, though? I'll look around in ModView for a bit, see what I can find :)

Langerd likes this

@@Langerd Nice lol. Do you mind if I use your version?

Also, you could try using a different key to make it less "annoying" That is, if you have any more keys you can use lol.

Like, for example, if you aren't going to use any other weapons, you could try using the mouse-wheel to toggle it. Also, I'll be using it for my "Rebel Conversion Mod" - a mod I probably won't be releasing. At least, not for a while. I might change the animations, too. What animations would I change, though? I'll look around in ModView for a bit, see what I can find :)

i dont like mouse wheel so i will not using it. 

Yeah sure ^^ no problem to use it. Just change the "alt" key for something Your taste.

@@Langerd Thanks lol. I changed it to / instead of Alt, because I use Alt for Force Heal. I just used Z though, because I want to change weapons, still. About changing the animations, do you have any idea on what the blocking animations are? I can't find them :/

You Have them in the modview in the middle - under the mindtrick and melee animations. 

ctrl+f and type this :both_p1_s1_bl

all animations to the : both_p1_s1_T_ for the single saber.

Trust me i was chaning some animations for Vader ;) 

I accidently double posted lol, how do I delete it? I'm new here, sorry lol.

Sometimes it happens when You spam post button. Everytime You post something just copy whole (ctrl+a and ctrl+c to not lose Your comment) wait. When i refresh the site the comment is there ;)

@@Langerd Except it looks kinda weird when blocking with a Staff Saber..... Is there a way to change the one that the Staff Sabers use, without changing the Single Sabers' animation?

Also, what's the animation used for the Dual Sabers?

Edit: I've also made a change to the *.cfg file:

set style1 "g_saberAutoBlocking 1 ; set previousstyle vstr style2 ; set nextstyle vstr style1 ; echo Lightsaber Fight Style"
set style2 "g_saberAutoBlocking 0 ; set previousstyle vstr style1 ; set nextstyle vstr style1 ; echo Blaster Deflect Style"

set previousstyle "vstr style2"
set nextstyle "vstr style2"
vstr style1

bind z "vstr previousstyle"

bind shift "+block ; +speed"

This makes it so that shift will make you either walk or block + walk. Depending on what Blocking Style or weapon you're using.

I also discovered that with the animation changed, it actually can be used quite effectively in 1 v 1 duels if they're using the Fast-Style.

@@Langerd Except it looks kinda weird when blocking with a Staff Saber..... Is there a way to change the one that the Staff Sabers use, without changing the Single Sabers' animation?

Also, what's the animation used for the Dual Sabers?

Edit: I've also made a change to the *.cfg file:

This makes it so that shift will make you either walk or block + walk. Depending on what Blocking Style or weapon you're using.

I also discovered that with the animation changed, it actually can be used quite effectively in 1 v 1 duels if they're using the Fast-Style.

Check in the modview. I think all of blocking animations are right next to each other.

@@Langerd I know the ones you mean. Right now, I'm looking for this one, though:

I looked in those and I couldn't find them :/

EDIT: For some reason, I can't post pictures. It says something like:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I'm only using *.png and *.jpg :/

• 3 weeks later...

Block0:

Block1:

Thanks!

• 6 months later...