APRIL FOOLS: KOTF 2.1 HAS BEEN CANCELLED

After many months of hard work, unfortunately, the team and I have decided it would be best to cancel the mod. We are all gravely upset by this news, and nothing

prepared us for this major hit. But after reading this, I hope you all can understand our position on the issue. When @@Fire Phoenix decided to

reboot the mod, we really were excited to give this mod, given a horrible reputation by Tim many years ago, a fresh start. I joined this team as a prior fan of Tim's version,

it has inspired me to pursue my dream of game development. The team has been amazing to work with, but unfortunately, life has gotten in the way and has cost us all

loads of time.

Forgetting the initial drama, the effort it took to reincarnate the most controversial mod in Jedi Academy, there is one other reason as to why this mod is cancelled,

openJK. Not because OpenJK is a bad thing, not in the slightest, in fact the fact that we're using OpenJK as our engine has allowed us to do things with KOTF no

other mod has done just yet (as far as I know). The problem is with me messing around with OpenJK. After I discovered the ability to give npcs a dual blaster

loadout, I decided to attempt some other special things for the npcs, and unfortunately this caused me to unleash a fatal error in OpenJK's code that has all but

shot any chance of finishing this mod, because it has literally made the game unplayable.

I've recorded a video showing off this fatal bug, I've tried undoing my code changes, but the error has remained, as you can see, the main menu stuff works fine, but once I try to load a map.....you'll see.

Alternate Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9B5F8Bp40dTS2dYbmxrb3RzUk0

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, the Force will be with you, always.

I don't know anything about KOTF, but that was a really well played joke! I'd like to think the video being blocked in my country was a part of the play.

Coincidentally, the original KotF has been canceled several years ago, on March 31/April 1. The developer said that he won't work on this project anymore, and that he wiped the entire mod files from his harddrive.

Everyone on the mod's page was like "Yeah, I get it. It's an April Fools Joke. Now release the damn mod!". Well, it was not.

On the other hand, it was a good move. Without the cancelation of the original mod, that project would have taken ages (the developer was notorious for frequently delaying the mod, even for trivial reasons). That's why I'm so happy that it has been rebooted.

It's wonderful to see Knights of the Force 2.1 progressing. It's now bigger and better than ever.

Bek and TicNoel501 like this

I don't know anything about KOTF, but that was a really well played joke! I'd like to think the video being blocked in my country was a part of the play.

I guess that the google drive link didn't work?

Coincidentally, the original KotF has been canceled several years ago, on March 31/April 1. The developer said that he won't work on this project anymore, and that he wiped the entire mod files from his harddrive.

Everyone on the mod's page was like "Yeah, I get it. It's an April Fools Joke. Now release the damn mod!". Well, it was not.

On the other hand, it was a good move. Without the cancelation of the original mod, that project would have taken ages (the developer was notorious for frequently delaying the mod, even for trivial reasons). That's why I'm so happy that it has been rebooted.

It's wonderful to see Knights of the Force 2.1 progressing. It's now bigger and better than ever.

I see! Thanks for the context.

I guess that the google drive link didn't work?

It probably did (now I see Rick Astley's loving face). Just seemed clever if no one could see the video of the proposed bug, although it would be even cleverer if you had coded something that looked like a major bug and recorded that :P

I see! Thanks for the context.

It probably did (now I see Rick Astley's loving face). Just seemed clever if no one could see the video of the proposed bug, although it would be even cleverer if you had coded something that looked like a major bug and recorded that :P

Maybe next year, or maybe not..... ;)

We aren't going anywhere, and if we do cancel the mod, I promise we will release what we have, unlike Timmy.

That's the spirit. I mean, why doing all the effort for nothing? Especially on a highly anticipated mod like this one.

As far as I remember, Tim made lots of features, or at least planned them, and threw them all in the trash. Ten years of work, gone.

Out of all the mods I've seen, this was the stupidest decision. But I bet he didn't believe that one day, someone would revive this project.  :D

TicNoel501 and TheWhitePhoenix like this