Blender Skin finished but unexportable!!!

Hello guys! I was spending the last Month getting into blender a bit,
It was very hard work but i finished a Player skin that lookes like Papa Emeritus the lead singer of Ghost! xD
I Took the body of a Tusken and the head of luke and made some changes to the face and the head.. 
Point is i cant export it over some seam issues i think.. an i cant find anything on google nor on any of the tutorials that i watched,,,
If anyone could pleeease help me finishing up that last step i would be so happy!!!! <3
I asked allready  in  game but no one was able to fix it (only one tried xD..)
With highest regards 
your Smirre ;)

Hello guys! I was spending the last Month getting into blender a bit,

It was very hard work but i finished a Player skin that lookes like Papa Emeritus the lead singer of Ghost! xD

I Took the body of a Tusken and the head of luke and made some changes to the face and the head.. 

Point is i cant export it over some seam issues i think.. an i cant find anything on google nor on any of the tutorials that i watched,,,

If anyone could pleeease help me finishing up that last step i would be so happy!!!! <3

I asked allready  in  game but no one was able to fix it (only one tried xD..)

With highest regards 

your Smirre ;)

This error comes up every now and then in the forums, especially with who just got started with Blender.

Loosely quoting myself from another thread:

That error means that the UVMap of that specific mesh of the model is composed by one or more "islands", the seams being the contours of those islands. It occurs because the exporter needs the meshes to be split where those seams are.

To fix it you must select that mesh, enter Edit Mode, then switch to the UV/Image Editor, press on the "Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync" button, select all of the seams which contour the islands, switch to 3D View, press Ctrl + E, and then D, which would split the edges as required to export correctly.

Hope this helps.

Noodle likes this

Hey Ramikad! Thx for the fast reply!! :))) 
Yeah what you said seems to be the problem. I sent the .blend to a friend of mine in the clan and he said about the same.
The problem is that i made a hell of a mess with the seams.. Especially around the eyes the UV did first not work so i selected all the single faces
particually the "eyelids" and were u would add a Kajal lol xD
And it ended up as 40 or so little triangles,  i put them all together in one spot on the UV map and just painted over them and it looked fine on the model.
The friend i sent it to said he split the shit out of the model but still couldnt get it to work.. He said it should work tho he cant find whats the problem!
If you could take a look at my model? I send it to you over email if you want including the textures! :)
Im really at the end of my knowledge! xD 
Everything i find on google about this topic opens up ten new questions for me..xD
With regards you smirre

• 1 month later...