Multiples animations

Well first you have to understand why all players share 1 skeleton and animation set, it's for online compatibility.

You can make anything have whatever skeleton and animations you want provided you know how to make them. Here is a great example.

The creature you saw was modeled and animated in Softimage, you can use a few other softwares too like 3DS Max, Blender and soon hopefully Maya. Don't expect to learn this overnight, animation takes a very long time to master.

Langerd, katanamaru, Cerez and 2 others like this

Well, for starters you will need to rewrite the game's source code. The game is designed for all humanoids to rely on a single animation sequence, so you will need to change that. I may be wrong, but I think something like that is in the works for JK Enhanced.

Edit: (Too late... and... inaccurate? o.O)

Edited by Cerez

You can do more than you think without the source code, the only thing is you're bound to the pre existing NPC classes of the game as far as how they behave, what kinda of weapons they use and what animation sequences they call on for a specific action.

The naming of the games animations in the .cfg files isn't just there for no reason, there is a specific naming convention going on there so that the game knows what animations to call for when you move a certain way.

That model was made by someone who used to hang out on FF and after some general instruction with Softimage Mod Tool he made that which blew me away with how fast he learned but at the time the engine source code was not available so he couldn't get it working they way he wanted. I have the source files for this model too btw. In retrospect though it could use a overhaul to clip less with the ground since he didn't seem to know how to make a proper foot roll solver but everything else is well done. It uses a set of control objects driving a IK skeleton like everything I make to where only the bones that the game needs are exported but the controllers are there to make the model be controlled and animated very quickly.

Cerez and Noodle like this

I want each player/models to had a specifics animation.cfg.

I knew , it's about _humanoid.cfg how can i do that?

You'll have to be more specific on whether you'd want it for SP or MP, and if by specific animations you mean something like Movie Duels 2. As far as I remember, the MD2 team managed to switch animations hex-editing the various model.glm and pointing their skeletons to specific animations. No coding required, but I guess this would only work in SP.

For example, the Clone Trooper (models/players/cloneclassic/model.glm) was hex-edited so that it points to the specific models/players/_humanoid_clo/_humanoid.gla with its own animations set.

Dexter987 likes this

You'll have to be more specific on whether you'd want it for SP or MP, and if by specific animations you mean something like Movie Duels 2. As far as I remember, the MD2 team managed to switch animations hex-editing the various model.glm and pointing their skeletons to specific animations. No coding required, but I guess this would only work in SP.

For example, the Clone Trooper (models/players/cloneclassic/model.glm) was hex-edited so that it points to the specific models/players/_humanoid_clo/_humanoid.gla with its own animations set.

It's for SP and yeaa ,Movie Duels 2's model is what i look for!