Jump to content

[Concept] Consumable Items


Recommended Posts

Surprisingly not discussed yet, Jedi Knight Galaxies will feature a number of consumable items. All consumable items can be equipped to the ACI (Active Combat Inventory) and used with the corresponding key. With the exception of deployable weapons, they are skipped over when scrolling through the ACI with the scrollwheel.

 

All consumable items show their quantity remaining in the ACI portion of the HUD.

 

These can be categorized into basic categories:

  • Consumable Aid: These include things like Bacta Canisters, which give health, Shield Batteries which instantly recharge your shields, and Adrenaline, which increases your stamina regeneration rate.
  • Deployable Weapons: While not technically classified under a consumable item (they're actually treated as weapons), they are the only type of weapon that can be consumed. Things in this category include: grenades, mines, and charges.
  • Other: There are a variety of special scripted items which do not fall under this category, including seeker drones and other usable equipment. They are pretty much identical to Consumable Aid, except that they do not affect the player directly (instead conferring them some side benefit, such as deploying a turret to protect the player, or perhaps Shock Paddles to revive your teammates)
Smoo, Noodle and Futuza like this
Link to comment
  • 1 year later...

Well other than what you already mentioned, here's a few ideas:

 

Pacnorval Defense Systems: Howler - Upon use, places a sonic generator on the ground that will affect a large radius around it inflicting sonic damage and rendering movement into the field next to impossible.  This will use a similar effect to the howlers from Yavin and cause players that approach the field to cover their ears and be unable to advance forward, while taking a small amount of damage while they remain in the sonic field.  Acts as a temporary barricade until it runs out of charge.  Lasts 45-75 seconds.  Category: Other

 

Kystallio RMD-20 Probe Droid  - When launched, ascends vertically and begins surveying the battlefield below reporting enemy positions that pass through the area.  Covers a large ground surface, but can only detect what is immediately beneath it (an underground passageway would not be detected).  Small, hard to see and cheap these droids help turn the tide of battle by providing valuable information to their owners.  Because of their cheap construction and lightweight design, they are extremely easy to destroy and have a self destruction mechanism built in to prevent others from extracting data from them if discovered.  This item makes enemy players show up on the radar/map as well as an outline appear through walls to those who have a helmet or headgear with radar HUD tech.  eg: Stormtrooper helmets.  Category: Other

 

ChandriTech PX-7 Heat Sensor - When placed on a surface, will detect any passing enemy players passing nearby and give a warning ping to the user and their team.  Also warns if destroyed. Has two modes, beam and proximity.  Similar to trip mines, but more informational than a weapon.  Category: Other/Deployable

Link to comment

One of the ideas I had were items designed to fool the enemy team. Just like you can deploy in base JA those ammo cannisters, imagine if you could do the same with fake health/shield packs that resemble the normal ones, but instead of giving health, they take it away. It's always good when you can trick the enemy.

Link to comment

I like that idea Noodle.

Would the Howler be destructible, and would it affect friendly forces?

 

Also, certain headgear would probably be fairly effective against it.

Yes, enemies can shoot it/throw nades at it to break it before its run out of charge.  Could probably have different variants one that damages friendly forces, and one that doesn't.  Personally I'd lean more toward having it affect both teams, but not actually do damage to friendlies (acts as a barrier to both).

 

 

More Crazy Ideas:

Note - Unless specified otherwise, buffs last for the stated time, except when removed/reduced by another buff/debuff or upon death.

Note - See below section for details on specific debuffs.  Should probably make one for generic buffs too.  Oh well.

 

Bacta Canister (Small) - Instantly heals 15 hp and then places a healing buff on the user that lasts for 10 seconds and heals 2 hp per second over time.  200 credits.

Bacta Canister (Medium) - Instantly heals 25 hp and then places a healing buff on the user that lasts for 20 seconds and heals 2 hp per second over time. 275 credits.

Bacta Canister (Large) - Instantly heals 35 hp and then places a healing buff on the user that lasts for 30 seconds and heals 2 hp per second over time.  375 credits.

Hyper Bacta Injection- Instantly heals 20 hp and then places a healing buff on the user that lasts for 15 seconds and heals 3 hp per second over time.  Also places a buff on the user making them resistant to further harm (damage).  This lasts for 10 seconds and reduces all damage received by 1.  300 credits.

Antidote Kit (Minor) - Instantly heals 10 hp and places a buff on the user that lasts for 30 seconds.  The buff has a 25% chance of removing toxins (removes poison debuff), this occurs each tick.  The buff also reduces all poison damage by 1.  200 credits.

Antidote Kit (Major) - Instantly heals 15 hp and places a buff on the user that lasts for 60 seconds.  The buff has a 45% chance of removing toxins each tick, also reduces all poison damage by half (reduces 1 damage to 0).  400 credits.

Master Sabla-Mandibu's Vaccine - Makes the user immune to poison damage for 120 seconds, or until death.  Very rare.  600 credits.

Canister of bacta with a broken seal - Has a 50% chance of healing 20 hp instantly, a 30% chance of doing nothing (merely consuming the item), and a 20% chance of inflicting the poison debuff on the user.  90 credits.

Fire Retardant Serum - Places a buff on the user that lasts 45 seconds, reduces fire damage taken by the user by half.  (Cannot be reduced to 0, rounding down limited to 1).  115 credits.

Medkit - After using starts a medkit animation that takes a few seconds to activate, if interrupted (shot or if you attack someone) it cancels the use of the item, heals 25 hp.  Alternatively it can be dropped on the ground to be instantly used by other players, after playing the activation animation.  All other "medkit" items behave this way as well.  120 credits.

Professional Medkit - Heals 50 hp.  Alternatively it can be dropped on the ground to be instantly used by other players.  315 credits.

Blackmarket Medkit - Has a 50% chance of instantly healing half of the player's max hp value, has a 35% chance of healing 25 hp, 15% chance of doing 10 dmg and applying a poison debuff to the user.  Alternatively it can be dropped on the ground to be instantly used by other players.  350 credits.

Superb Medkit - Heals 75 hp.  Alternatively it can be dropped on the ground to be instantly used by other players.  600 credits.

Medkit Trap - When used places the 'medkit' on the ground making it appear to be a normal medkit.  However, if an enemy player walks over it or picks it up - it will explode doing 15 dmg and apply a bleed debuff.  Your teammates can pick it up and move it once it has been placed, but cannot use it to do damage to themselves.  It will also appear with a toxic logo to friendly players, but as a normal medkit to enemy players.  Thanks to Noddle for the idea.  100 credits.

Adrenal Stimulant Injection - When used provides a buff that lasts 45 seconds.  The buff increases the player's max stamina by 40%, reduces stamina usage by 40%, and increases the regen rate of stamina by 20%.  300 credits.

Hyper Adrenal Stimulant Injection - When used provides a buff that lasts 75 seconds.  The buff doubles the player's max stamina, reduces stamina usage by 50%, and increases the regen rate of stamina by 50%.  Has a 10% chance that when used will place a poison debuff on the user.  500 credits.

Wookiee Battle Stimulant - When used provides a buff that lasts for 60 seconds.  The buff doubles the damage done with melee, increases the regen rate of stamina by 40% and increases movement speed by 25%.  If you are inflicted with the bleed debuff while this buff is active, damage done with melee is doubled again (quadrupled) for the duration of the bleed debuff.  400 credits.

Dewback Adrenal Stimulant - May be used by player's or used on living vehicles (such as Tauntaun's).  Places a buff that lasts for 120 seconds on the target.  The buff increases movement speed by 10%, increases max stamina by 25%, and reduces all weight carried by half.  200 credits.

Echani Battle Stimulant - When used provides a buff that lasts for 60 seconds.  The buff reduces recoil by 50%, increases the regen rate of stamina by 30%, and decreases received direct damage by 40% (does not reduce debuff damage).  If you are inflicted with the poison debuff while this buff is active, there is a 50% chance that both the poison and battle stim debuffs will be removed on the first tick of poison damage and a Hallucinogen Debuff will replace it.  See below for details.  350 credits.

Spice - A highly addictive drug that includes some performance enhancement.  Applies the Hallucionogen Debuff (Spice) debuff to the user if used.  500 credits.

Deathsticks - An addictive deadly drug.  When used applies both the Hallucinogen Debuff debuff and Poison debuff to the user.  75 credits.

Alcohol - A midly addictive drug.  When used applies the Hallucinogen Debuff debuff to the user.  More expensive versions make the debuff last longer.  Also reduces all direct damage by 1 (doesn't effect debuff damage), while the hallucinogen debuff is active.  10-25 credits. 

Bacta Grenade - When thrown, heals 20 hp to the area and applies a buff that heals those hit for 20 seconds, doing 2 hp per second.  400 credits.

 

 

 

Toxic Debuff Types

Each of the following count as a toxin/toxic for the purposes of receiving antidotes.

Poison - Lasts for 7 seconds.  Does 5% of user's current health each second, does not round down past 1.

Deadly Poison - Lasts for 10 seconds.  Does 10% of the user's current health each second, does not round down past 1.

Toxic Disease - Lasts for 18 seconds.  Causes extreme blur for user and does 1 points of dmg per second.  If other player's or npcs (friendly or enemy) are within 5 feet of the player they will also receive the debuff if they do not already have it.  Appears to be a dark green cloud to inflicted player's.  NPCs will treat spreading this debuff as hostile.

Hallucinogen Debuff (standard) - Lasts for 10 seconds.  The user will experience hallucinations that cause reality to be perceived in a very distorted manner (crazy post-processing effects, like inverted colors, blur, etc.) and makes the user very unbalanced (left and right movement binds are temporarily switched).  The user is also unable to sprint while inflicted.  If inflicted on npcs they will usually run in circles while laughing for the duration of the debuff.

Hallucionogen Debuff (Spice) - Lasts for 60 seconds.  The user experiences extreme hallucinations and vision is obscured and blurred.  Movement speed is increased to 300%, but the movement binds (W, A, S, D) are all randomly shuffled and assigned after 30 seconds of the debuff (w may become d, d may become s, etc.).  During the last 10 seconds of the debuff, the user will receive the poison debuff.  If used by npcs they will usually run in circles while laughing for the duration of the debuff, while occasionally jumping and taunting.

Noodle likes this
Link to comment

This looks awesome so far! A few nitpicks, though:

1: It's spelled "Wookiee" (as I said, nitpicks)

2: I always thought Death Sticks were highly addictive and highly deadly. Possibly more deadly and addictive than Spice?

3: Not everyone just plays with WASD, but I do see what you mean :)

Those are just my nitpicks, though.

Link to comment

This looks awesome so far! A few nitpicks, though:

1: It's spelled "Wookiee" (as I said, nitpicks)

2: I always thought Death Sticks were highly addictive and highly deadly. Possibly more deadly and addictive than Spice?

3: Not everyone just plays with WASD, but I do see what you mean :)

Those are just my nitpicks, though.

1. Thanks.  Missed that.

2. Spice is basically PCP+Heroin and Death Sticks are cigarettes.  So yes, while both are deadly and addictive, Spice is far worse.

3. Yeah, that's just an example.  It is whatever +moveleft, +forward, +moveright, and +back are bound to.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...