Coder(s) to help with Dusty's Patch? (Can be a novice)

What: Coding and testing for Dusty's Patch; a JKA single player enhancement/expansion. Help with coding some side things to free me up to work on some core aspects of the mod. Namely I might want help with: merging the mod with JA enhanced, working on camera controls, working on new NPC fields, fine-tuning certain NPC AI features.

Why: If you like my mod. I can show you what I've learned about the SP code so far and help you understand how to make your own mods. 

Requirements: Basic knowledge of coding C/C++ is a requirement. Basic experience with Github/Git strongly preferred. I'm willing to explain using OpenJK, Visual Studio and CMake for project management, and will gladly help you understand what I know about JA SP coding.

Anybody remotely interested?

Smoo and Stoiss like this

^What kind of projects? Maybe I can help... (because I is can modz some things)

Anybody else? Want to help me with teh codez?

Modeling projects: Jan Ors, Raven's Claw, IG Droid (IG-88 & Lancer)

Rigging projects: 3ds Max JKE character rig, and new Facial-Expression-LipSync rig.

Coding projects: (1) Help @@DT85 with MD3 exporters-- currently coding new export feature of exporting LODs to separate MD3 files automatically. (2) Misc 3dsMax plugins/scripts related to rig projects above.

Things I would like to see coded well into SP are: SoF2 abseil/rappelling, rock-wall climbing, improved SoF2 1st/3rd person ladders, grappling hook (think back to ESB and Luke using grappling hook to attack AT-AT)...

... oh yeah-- keep wife happy :winkthumb:

Smoo likes this

Didn't @@redsaurus merge a lot of changes from it into JA:E?

Did he? I initiated some kind of merge but hadn't tended to it yet.

Modeling projects: Jan Ors, Raven's Claw, IG Droid (IG-88 & Lancer)

Rigging projects: 3ds Max JKE character rig, and new Facial-Expression-LipSync rig.

Coding projects: (1) Help @@DT85 with MD3 exporters-- currently coding new export feature of exporting LODs to separate MD3 files automatically. (2) Misc 3dsMax plugins/scripts related to rig projects above.

Things I would like to see coded well into SP are: SoF2 abseil/rappelling, rock-wall climbing, improved SoF2 1st/3rd person ladders, grappling hook (think back to ESB and Luke using grappling hook to attack AT-AT)...

... oh yeah-- keep wife happy :winkthumb:

All those things are out of my expertise. So guess I can't help you ;P

Did he? I initiated some kind of merge but hadn't tended to it yet.

All those things are out of my expertise. So guess I can't help you ;P

I tried looking through the list of commits and didn't find anything related to Dusty's Patch. Do you have a link to the github repo for it?

I'm skeptical of my ability to code that kind of thing (especially if it's from scratch), but I suppose I could give it a shot...

code for most of it comes from SoF2. Rock Climbing would simply require a new environment shader that would allow "climbing" animations-- very much the same way the "Ladder shader" allows a character to climb the ladder via ladder animations. And climbing the ladder is just an illusion because the ladder rungs have to be a set distance apart to match the animations.

Smoo likes this
  • 3 weeks later...