JA Minecraft Star Wars Skins + Others

iTRp6AX.jpg

got them ingame, nothing else too special right now other then they all have custom sounds. will have a video out soon showcasing what ive got done so far. fixing to look into the shaders to see what all I can do.

CZrBoMN.jpg

awesome idea to use character faces as icons! is there an overlay feature on the models like in the real minecraft, where in some of the empty spaces, you could literally put textures in them and it would use a hidden 2nd layer that would cover the head as an overlay

awesome idea to use character faces as icons! is there an overlay feature on the models like in the real minecraft, where in some of the empty spaces, you could literally put textures in them and it would use a hidden 2nd layer that would cover the head as an overlay

maybe with the armor, but im not really 100 percent sure how it works at this point. may look into it soon.

there is, the uv coordinates are similiar to those from older minecraft versions - skins for Minecraft 1.8 and past are not supported

this is the layout my model uses:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GU5DI222uYs/TnRzeBVQbFI/AAAAAAAAAEM/CNnJ1OeBF9s/s1600/skin_standart.png

+armor parts and cape

EDIT:

here's a example shader:

models/players/mcraft/char
{
    q3map_nolightmap
    {
        map models/players/mcraft/char
        alphaFunc GE128
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }
}

just edit this to match each of your textures and copy/paste them all into a new .txt file and name that *******.shader

@@Zappa_0, @@Langerd you also want to type this into the console when using any of these:

"r_textureMode GL_NEAREST"

this will prevent the games texture filtering from "blurring" th textures, this will degrade the look of non-minecrafty stuff though

Langerd likes this

so now comes the question: how do the skins get resized without getting blurred, or if they are resized and blurred, how do you make it look more pixelated?

there's an optino to preserve pixel borders while resizing images in photoshop and I'M sure gimp has something similiar

then you set r_texturemdoe to GL_NEAREST ingame to avoid the games texture filtering from blurring the skins slightly

swegmaster likes this

there's an optino to preserve pixel borders while resizing images in photoshop and I'M sure gimp has something similiar

then you set r_texturemdoe to GL_NEAREST ingame to avoid the games texture filtering from blurring the skins slightly

you misspelled r_texturemode wrong, as well as option  :P

also i kinda don't like the gl_nearest option, as it makes almost EVERY texture look pixelated, i wish there was a shader that could fix that

edit: now what option in gimp preserves the pixel quality

The way that ive done the textures was set them up at the 64 x 32 versions on the kyle skin. Then zoom them out big, save and resize to the correct size.

The next video shows off the taunts which ive fixed since the video. even tarkin has custom taunts.

https://youtu.be/Catx_qDXi8c

what editor did you use to modify the skin textures? and what do you mean by zoom them out big?

what editor did you use to modify the skin textures? and what do you mean by zoom them out big?

photoshop, take the 64 x 32 texture and zoom in with it then screenshot it. wont lose as much quality doing it any other way that I know of.

swegmaster likes this

photoshop, take the 64 x 32 texture and zoom in with it then screenshot it. wont lose as much quality doing it any other way that I know of.

...NO

just NO

do this instead:

pen the minecraft skin then in photoshop go to "image>image size..." and a window like this will pop up:

196c1a0b0ed88cfcf9774f986fa35a5c.png

set it to nearest neighbor/preserve hard egdes and then resize the skin to your desired resolution

also interesting for you @, don't do it as @@Zappa_0 suggested

swegmaster likes this

...NO

just NO

do this instead:

pen the minecraft skin then in photoshop go to "image>image size..." and a window like this will pop up:

196c1a0b0ed88cfcf9774f986fa35a5c.png

set it to nearest neighbor/preserve hard egdes and then resize the skin to your desired resolution

also interesting for you @, don't do it as @@Zappa_0 suggested

THANK YOU! WHEN I RESIZED MY DEADPOOL SKIN TO 512x256, IT WORKED :D :D :D