So I've been using the proxy model we have on jkhub, and it made me wonder if it was possible to make him morph into characters upon combat. I thought maybe we could use the shadow trooper and replace the invisible skin with proxy and the visible with obi wan or whoever.

The only way would be map scripting, which would mean making your own map and scripting the npc to change to another offscreen,

If the shadowtrooper can change, shouldn't there be a way to change to a new model rather than invisibility. There is an image file for the clear texture, so why wouldn't it work to merge the obiwan and proxy mesh and set textures accordingly.

Depends on if you want to be Pr0xy, or just have him as an AI in a map. If you want to swap using invisibility and uncloak into another character you just have a second character, pre-cloaked where Pr0xy is standing. He cloaks, you use an Icarus script to delete him, and uncloak the other character.

But as far as a playable version, that's much more complex, and would probably best be handled with a C++ code mod.

Depends on if you want to be Pr0xy, or just have him as an AI in a map. If you want to swap using invisibility and uncloak into another character you just have a second character, pre-cloaked where Pr0xy is standing. He cloaks, you use an Icarus script to delete him, and uncloak the other character.

But as far as a playable version, that's much more complex, and would probably best be handled with a C++ code mod.

I was thinking more for the AI. When it was fighting it would switch to another character (obi wan for example) and go idle as proxy.

If the shadowtrooper can change, shouldn't there be a way to change to a new model rather than invisibility. There is an image file for the clear texture, so why wouldn't it work to merge the obiwan and proxy mesh and set textures accordingly.

The thing is, the game registers the Cloak as an item that when activated applies the overlay shader for invisibility.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

ok, so we need a shader with an appropriate code

maybe get him a setting to "playermodel maul\ obi-wan" and "playerteam enemy" + "saber maul\ obi-wan" and something to refill his health and "playerteam player/ neutral" after he is 'killed'?

I think it's a fairly simple code to have, all you need is the model. something like (and I do apologize for the lack of programming knowledge):

x=proxy

y=player

x 'sees' y

x 'playermodel maul'

z=maul

z 'attack' y

if y var 'health' =10, then z 'playermodel proxy'

or some such thing...turbo pascal ftw!

ugh! I flunk IT class at school! :wallbash: