I know this is really a taboo discussion, but I kind of want closure

So I used to be BIG into KOTF. Like, as a kid (8-9) years old, it seemed like the best thing ever. It was all I would play, and I'd make my own levels and have fun. So now I've heard the thing is a scam. That's really, really dissapointing to me, and I know this is a taboo discussion (i read the jkhub article on it), but I just have 2 questions. 

1. Was there ever any proof that KOTF ripped off from other mods? I know that its probably true, but proof would be nice, and I kind of want closure on what was a large part of my childhood growing up and being a huge star wars nerd.

2. Are there any mods that do what KOTF did, but better/more legit? I've started playing KOTF again, and while it is fun, I want to play something that didn't rip off from content creators

Once again, I'm really sorry that I'm talking about this since I've heard it'd not something that should be discussed, but I just want some answers :/ thanks in advance

1. Literally everything was ripped from other stuff. I think the only thing he did was the menus and adding some cinematics on some levels. The Kamino level for instance- The Obi Wan, Jango Fett, EE3, and Obi Wan hilt models were used without permission. The map itself was made by RichDiesal, who is most well known for his mapping university tutorial series. He was very angry in finding out that Tim used his work. There's zero doubt that he didn't use content from other people without their permission.

2. Movie Duels 2 is legit and well enjoyed. I'd like to see a sequel or more fleshed out campaigns.

1. Literally everything was ripped from other stuff. I think the only thing he did was the menus and adding some cinematics on some levels. The Kamino level for instance- The Obi Wan, Jango Fett, EE3, and Obi Wan hilt models were used without permission. The map itself was made by RichDiesal, who is most well known for his mapping university tutorial series. He was very angry in finding out that Tim used his work. There's zero doubt that he didn't use content from other people without their permission.

2. Movie Duels 2 is legit and well enjoyed. I'd like to see a sequel or more fleshed out campaigns.

Does it offer the add npc functionality that kotf did?

Didn't the KOTF author try to sell the entire mod on a disc for like $50 bucks, which is why discussion was banned on filefront?

He didn't try. He did sell the mod, and I'm not sure if it's actually 50$, because I read 100$ somewhere. And he asked for donations, multiple times, which were actually fulfilled.

Merek likes this