Blender weighting assistance

Maui

Nobody?

First Check how defult Jk3 model were weighted. Or check the model made by DT85 and Psych0sith.

See How it is done and how it works.

In Blender You have object Data on the right of the screen (next to the modiferes options). Go there and see Vertex Groups. You must add the names of the skeleton bones but these bones that will parent with the parts of the model.

I am not 100% expert but that method works for me. When You have all bones in the vertex groups that You want to weight with the model parts - You just weigh them with the trail and error method.

Tuesday was a bad day, because i was sick. However, i checked the model on Modelview (i use blender2.46 and mr wonko GLM importer not show the weight on the 2.46 version, is for 2.48 and later) on max i cannot see the Weight because if i import a glm on max 5 it lose the weight data. However, there is a mismatching on two vertex  of torso and hips, in the back part of the model. that cause a leak. you can fix the leak assign the same weight parameter value to the each vertex. remember: if you got two mesh, and their edges are touching each other,for avoid leaks of model you need to assign the same weight to their matching vertexes.

example

MESH Torso

Verts a..............b...................c.................d

Mesh Hips

verts 1...............2...................3..............4

a need to get the same weight value of the sames rigged bones of 1.

b of 2, c of 3, d of 4.

Example: if vertexes A get 50 weight to lower lumbar and 50 to pelvis, vertex 1, need to get the same weight value: 50 to pelvis and 50 lower lumbar. 

the vertexes that touch each others need ever to get the same weight abs values. otherwise they can mismatch and deform the model.