Files missing pictures.

Hello, could the staff members approving files, take atleast 1 preview image of the skin/map/vehicle/model/mod that's being approved?
I've ran into many files here that have no preview images, and just now I was looking for a CTF map for a clan event, and I see this list of maps
by the same author who has ton of CTF maps without any screenshots.  It makes my life so damn difficult.  requesting preview images

Circa likes this

Agreed, although it's really the uploader's responsibility. We used to require screenshots but then there were files that didn't need them, like my HS kenobi sound fix. We could enable screenshot requirements again, but it always led to some users just uploading one crappy shot or something random. :P

There have been cases where I have taken screenshots myself before approving files, if I know that they are needed, like maps. Sometimes they include them in the ZIP file but don't upload them.  :facepalm:

That's a bit of a lot to ask the staff to do, I'm sure they wouldn't mind adding screenshots you take of a mod for one that's missing if you include a link to it when you report the file though.  But asking them to go through thousands of mods, install them, load them up and take a screenshot is a bit unreasonable.

Jeff likes this

JKG Developer

Yeah ofcourse it would be a ton of work now.  But please make it a requirement again. I wont download random files.
Even taking 1 or 2 while approving a file isn't a bother to anyone really, if it feels like it, I'll vote your ass off the staff chair :)

What if I download something, and send you a couple screenshots. Will that be ok? What if more downloaders did that?
I'd  really like to help you guys with this, I could take screenshots on my spare time..

It's kind of a tough situation, really. If you force people to use screenshots, then lots of mods will have unrelated ones that are pointless. If you ask the mods to take screenshots when none are provided, you may get lots of people not bothering to take screenshots themselves, creating more work for the mods. My vote would be to just leave the system as is, but implement a way to let the community submit their own screenshots for files if none/few are available.