Shader issue... Water and Lava doesnt work

Go to solution Solved by Asgarath83,

I know that the shaderlist is made in the good way because the fog works ... but water and lava doesnt work :/ I am as classic ... Jesus walking on the water brush...

How to fix that? ... It happend after i install the gtkradiant 1.6.4 ... and when i came back compiling my map in the older one (which i was using whole time) it didnt work...

I checked that the shaderlist was changed ... And now it doesnt work at all.. help

• Solution

I know that the shaderlist is made in the good way because the fog works ... but water and lava doesnt work :/ I am as classic ... Jesus walking on the water brush...

How to fix that? ... It happend after i install the gtkradiant 1.6.4 ... and when i came back compiling my map in the older one (which i was using whole time) it didnt work...

I checked that the shaderlist was changed ... And now it doesnt work at all.. help

about watershader brushes sctructures, they need to get the water texture on the top and the bottom, and the caulk_water texture on the

sides

about the shader of the waters. make sure they have q3map_material water as parameter. the "water" material of a brush is builded during the building of the map. so for working a water, you need to have a shader water, a shaderlist with the file that contain the watershader into the list as name. and all these into the radiant shaders path correct. also textures of water shader need to be in the correct path.

for see builed water into the engine, you need to copy shader file and texture of water inside your mod path.

Langerd likes this

about watershader brushes sctructures, they need to get the water texture on the top and the bottom, and the caulk_water texture on the

sides

about the shader of the waters. make sure they have q3map_material water as parameter. the "water" material of a brush is builded during the building of the map. so for working a water, you need to have a shader water, a shaderlist with the file that contain the watershader into the list as name. and all these into the radiant shaders path correct. also textures of water shader need to be in the correct path.

for see builed water into the engine, you need to copy shader file and texture of water inside your mod path.

Well the water works! Now i will check the lava . It is strange because .. before the water and lava worked but with NORMAL Caulk not caulk_water and caulk_lava.

O.o This is strange... that is why it didint work.

You should not be using caulk on the other liquid surfaces, regardless if it appeared to work before.  The compiler will randomly pick a face that the contents of are used, its not set which one is used all the time.  It's not really random but it isn't always the same face that gets looked at between either the ordering from saving .map file and or something compiler does.  Your best bet is actually a nodraw water and a nodraw lava.  They may have to be created for your map but that's the safest way to ensure all sides are the correct contents.

You should not be using caulk on the other liquid surfaces, regardless if it appeared to work before.  The compiler will randomly pick a face that the contents of are used, its not set which one is used all the time.  It's not really random but it isn't always the same face that gets looked at between either the ordering from saving .map file and or something compiler does.  Your best bet is actually a nodraw water and a nodraw lava.  They may have to be created for your map but that's the safest way to ensure all sides are the correct contents.

Mmm, that's explain this weird issue i got sometime with water compiling, on the sides of water brushes, sometime i get some strange issue, other times the water \ lava is not... water... just is trans. Nodraw shader... good to now. :)

well, i was based on rich diesal mapcrafting tutorial. : \  i not know this trick.

many thanks. :)