Manual Block for SP?

There is real manual blocking in SP, I'm surprised no one knows this.

Set g_saberAutoBlocking to 0, and then bind "+block" to a key. There is no autoblocking at all (attacks hitting your saber cause you to stagger), but it's actually kind of overpowered. You can block saber attacks that don't guard crush and blaster bolts almost perfectly. Visually the animation looks a bit weird because it's kind of slow and your character just holds the up block pose.

As for Serenity's mod for Movie Duels II.... I didn't really understand how it works. It seemed he was just telling you to press Use to block, but that he didn't actually add anything... unless maybe... in base SP, when you press Use and you stand still, your character just holds his saber stance without doing any animations, which actually lets you block almost perfectly which is pretty OP in my opinion (but this is just a basic feature of the game). And then if g_debugmelee is 1, you can press any direction to hold lean animations. Maybe he replaced the lean animations with block animations and forgot to switch on g_debugmelee. There was another mod called Saber Realism that used this to make manual blocking.

the manual block there was done for MD2 was done with the dodge animations and replace with parry animation to do that :) i remeber that becours it was the good times where me and serenity join together for EOC and formed it there :) and i maked a coded manual block for EOC after that for MP  :)

JaceSolarisVIII likes this

the manual block there was done for MD2 was done with the dodge animations and replace with parry animation to do that :) i remeber that becours it was the good times where me and serenity join together for EOC and formed it there :) and i maked a coded manual block for EOC after that for MP  :)

I played that Addon for MD2 with the blocking that Serenity made.It was awesome,considering that access to the code was NULL back then,I thought it was an ingenious idea.

I also played the first EoC mod by you stoiss and serenity.And ive played your excellent mods for about 5 years now.I'm one of the lucky ones who hand no problems with the mod.

Stoiss likes this

I played that Addon for MD2 with the blocking that Serenity made.It was awesome,considering that access to the code was NULL back then,I thought it was an ingenious idea.

I also played the first EoC mod by you stoiss and serenity.And ive played your excellent mods for about 5 years now.I'm one of the lucky ones who hand no problems with the mod.

happy to know you like the mod, but i only worked on it on til 2012 and gave it over to serenity as i wanted to do somthing else then EoC, me and Serenity didnt have the same ideas for the mod at that time so we split up :) but are still god friends today :)

I'd say the game was more focused on MP, seeing as how the SP story was garbage (yes, i still love it in it's own special way). But comparing JK2 MP to JKA MP, it seems like they spent a lot of time trying to fine tune it for JKA.

Honestly though, the 2 main reason for the game lasting this long is the MP community and the modding community. If we didn't have either of those, this game wouldn't be played hardly at all right now.

I was referring to Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 is single player oriented.

• 5 months later...

If you get the serenityengine mod and extract the _humanoid folder out of the serenityjedienge.pk to your desktop

Then (I use Winrar) open assets1.pk3 in your base folder and replace the _humanoid folder with the one you extracted from serenity mod

you will also need to get the controls.menu and ingamecontrols.menu from sernitymod.pk3 in the UI folder and replace them also.(this adds the block button in the menus)

providing you have no other  and/or extra pk3 files in your base folder. Just start the game with SerenitySaberSystems.application, set up the new controls (blockbutton).

I did this and now I play all my SP mods with the manual blocking but non of the extra rubbish he puts in.

Just be careful when adding mods as some of them have extra _humanoid folders and this screw everything up.

Movieduels 2 doesn't work if you use this method because it has lots of extra _humanoid folders.

Hi! 

I know I'm kind of late to the party, but I've tried this and, whil it work since I have the option to bind the manual block, this screw my game up. The light saber is all chunky and bots don't spawn, cut_scene aren't lauching... I've been able to make the light saber look normal by moving some shadrs fils from serenity.pk3 to assests1, some other visuals glitch too, but the game is buggued since bots don't spawn, and the ingame events (don't know how to call that) doesn't launch. Like you suggested, I did it with a vanilla version, no mod at all. I've tried many version of the serenity engine but each time it's the same. Anything I can do to just have the manual block and combat system without messing with my game? 

ps: sorry if my english is weird, I'm learning!

i would say there is a lot better options then this old mod, it was a hacky way making manual block work in Sp at that time. im not sure if @@Dusty  has manual block in his single player mod but you could try that one out :)

Ho yes I will look at Dusty's profil, maybe i'll find what I'm looking for, thanks!

But serenity saber system released a beta less than a month ago, it is good but dismemberment is'nt working for me, and that is what I want, that and the combat system.

if they still have that sort of code in the mod full dismember should work at 1000

server side set g_dismember "1000" and client side set cg_dismember "1000" in the console

I just tried that and it doesn't work, I've tried the multiples consol's commands found on the internet but the serenity system seems to block certain command.  I've been trying a lot of stuff to make the dismemberment happen more but nothing seems to work. There is an option in the mod's menu to activate dismemberment, but the dismemberment is really really rare and I want it to happen each time I kill an ennemy!

Would you know if there is a .cfg file I can edit somewhere in the mod's files? Or a autoexec? Sorry I'm a noob in modding!

The option to activate dismemberment have to be activated every time I launch the game, it seems to be normal since I've seen this in others mods, but maybe it is impossible to edit vie a cfg file? 

By the way thank you very much for answering to my questions! 

i have no clue. i have not seeing the code for years, and i don't know what has been messed up after i worked on it. 

as said those cmds there should do the job if it doesn't work then contact the Dev of the mod and ask why it not is working as intended  

If singleplayer manual blocking is what you are looking for.. Have you tried this?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenityjediengine-20/downloads/na118207

Shameless promotion................

Yes I did! :)

The only comment in the comment section is me! 

You have made a good work on this!

It is a really good mod, but as I say, I can't get the dismemberment to work properly! Even after activating it in the menu! If only I could find the cgf file to modify, this would be the perfect mod! 

edit: The dismemberment work almost perfectly on previous release of the serenity engine, but the cheat menu in your mod is a feature that I like and I don't want to play without it!!

General Howard likes this

Yes I did! :)

The only comment in the comment section is me! 

You have made a good work on this!

It is a really good mod, but as I say, I can't get the dismemberment to work properly! Even after activating it in the menu! If only I could find the cgf file to modify, this would be the perfect mod! 

edit: The dismemberment work almost perfectly on previous release of the serenity engine, but the cheat menu in your mod is a feature that I like and I don't want to play without it!!

I plan on doing some work on dismemberment for sabers for the next patch.I found the dismemberment for sabers a bit messy in the original format.It felt like the bodys just fall to pieces if touched by a saber.I want to make it based on swing type and enemy health level when impacted.(or something like that) but not on a setting like cg_dismemberment.More like the weapons dismemberment based on location,health,and swing type

I should have a patch ready in 1 or 2 months.Or even sooner if i can get some help.

I plan on doing some work on dismemberment for sabers for the next patch.I found the dismemberment for sabers a bit messy in the original format.It felt like the bodys just fall to pieces if touched by a saber.I want to make it based on swing type and enemy health level when impacted.(or something like that) but not on a setting like cg_dismemberment.More like the weapons dismemberment based on location,health,and swing type

I should have a patch ready in 1 or 2 months.Or even sooner if i can get some help.

That would be awesome! Keep up the good work! Your mod is great,I look forward to your pacth!

JaceSolarisVIII likes this

Hi!

@JaceSolarisVIII

I would like to ask you something, but I don't want to bother you too much.

Dismemberment is not working in my game, I've tried to put some autoexec, I've try to edit the spdefault files inside and outside the pk3, and I'v tried some console commands, but it doesn't work! I do not criticize your work, on the contrary, it is great! My question is: is there a file that I can edit without screwing your mod, and if yes, where it is? I know it's stupid, but I just want to be able to cut the npcs in pieces and it drives me mad! 

Again I don't want to bother you, and I know it is kind of a stupid request!