http://www.japlus.net/

JA+ was a mod that gained popularity very, very fast. These days, it's still in wide use across a heck of a lot of servers. That said, there's a significant portion of the community who intensely dislike the mod for a variety of reasons that I'm sure @@Caelum or particularly @ would have fun explaining.

Also: http://jkhub.org/files/file/952-ja-client-side/ Take a look at the description. :)

Mainly, the only reason someone would actually get JA+ is to have admin powers on their server to abuse people.

Sleep them, slap them, teleport them off the map...those type of things.

JA++ is far better from what I've been able to tell, but I don't touch it much so I'm not the best person to ask that :P

Mainly, the only reason someone would actually get JA+ is to have admin powers on their server to abuse people.

Sleep them, slap them, teleport them off the map...those type of things.

JA++ is far better from what I've been able to tell, but I don't touch it much so I'm not the best person to ask that :P

I wouldn't really say that's the main reason why people get JA+. I'd probably say it's because of the admin levels and bitvalues so you don't have to give the rcon password to people. It also has clanpass and emotes which RPers like to use, which while they are not necessary, a lot of people like visual things like that.

Last I checked, you can use clanpass on Base (at least I always have o.o...) and yes, as I said...admin :P

There shouldn't be a reason to give anyone the Rcon password anyways, whether you're running JA+ or Base..

But that's just my own personal thinking.

Yeah, the emotes are what brings a lot of people to JA+, but that's for those that want to be lazy in the game anyways... :P

Last I checked, you can use clanpass on Base (at least I always have o.o...) and yes, as I said...admin :P

There shouldn't be a reason to give anyone the Rcon password anyways, whether you're running JA+ or Base..

But that's just my own personal thinking.

Yeah, the emotes are what brings a lot of people to JA+, but that's for those that want to be lazy in the game anyways... :P

Clanpass on base? I don't even know what a clanpass is lol

Also, in base there is a different kind of self-conception about rcons. If I'd ask I probably could get 4-5 rcons of base servers

JA+ is a mod for those who are tired of Lightsaber blades noclip'ing through their opponents just to hit 'em in the face. Imagine if the fights in the movies were like that. Not only would they be over in 10 seconds but they'd also screw up the entire Lightsaber Lore.

JA+ adds the ability to (kind of)manually block incoming strikes, and, under the right server settings it dulls the effectiveness of exploits like wiggling, poking, and widmilling. Which has earned it the ire of basers who rely on such techniques for victory. ;)

JA+ is a mod for those who are tired of Lightsaber blades noclip'ing through their opponents just to hit 'em in the face. Imagine if the fights in the movies were like that. Not only would they be over in 10 seconds but they'd also screw up the entire Lightsaber Lore.

JA+ adds the ability to (kind of)manually block incoming strikes, and, under the right server settings it dulls the effectiveness of exploits like wiggling, poking, and widmilling. Which has earned it the ire of basers who rely on such techniques for victory. ;)

This is false in so many ways...

On JA+ you have the option of automatic block or completely random blocks imo. Depending if you're on SP dmgs or MP dmgs.

On base it's true that if you don't do anything you'll get hit, but if you know how to encourage the blocks etc and how to aim, it's way better to control blocking on base. That's my experience at least.

If you do the same on JA+ SP dmgs where there's no autoblocks, you get random results.

The only somewhat effective way to do controlled blocks on SP dmgs that I have seen, is to aim your saber correctly to intercept, as well as spam A D A D while not swinging, (to get your saber moving fast) this is really ineffective since you practically stand on the spot xD

Feel free to disagree and prove me wrong ^^