Jedi Hunter Droid (sorta...)

@ Man, he is in the game : He is the pre-last boss. I am actually to extract his voice of the game !

@@Psyk0Sith The Soundpack will be ready in the evening or tomorrow.

I could not find the files in the nds file. However it was the NTSC version, perhaps there were missing files. That may explain why the menu would not load properly in the Emulator. Either way, good luck extracting them. I am currently working on Yoda and Kylo Ren anyway.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vqL1g5eCOP

Are you going to rig this to its own custom skeleton?

Nope, it's rigged to the humanoid. Works perfectly.

On the sound issue, the engine can clearly play a bunch of sounds at the same time, environments, surface sounds, sabers, player's taunts and dialogs, weapons firing etc..., i don't see why it would be so difficult to just get another clip played. I changed the "channel" in the sound type but still no luck (set it to body instead of auto). There's the footstep sections i havent touched yet, those seem to be hardcoded tho, they're simply refered to as "footstep L" or "heavy L" those are used when the player hit a different floor surface (water, metal, grass, rocks). Modifying the mp3 would change them for all the other characters...which would sound stupid imo.

Nope, it's rigged to the humanoid. Works perfectly.

On the sound issue, the engine can clearly play a bunch of sounds at the same time, environments, surface sounds, sabers, player's taunts and dialogs, weapons firing etc..., i don't see why it would be so difficult to just get another clip played. I changed the "channel" in the sound type but still no luck (set it to body instead of auto). There's the footstep sections i havent touched yet, those seem to be hardcoded tho, they're simply refered to as "footstep L" or "heavy L" those are used when the player hit a different floor surface (water, metal, grass, rocks). Modifying the mp3 would change them for all the other characters...which would sound stupid imo.

Perhaps @@mrwonko knows... but I'm guessing a character channel can only play one sound file at a time... not multiple?

Because I had not succeed to extract the voice from the game, I have re-Created the voices clips of the Game with Audacity and with my own voice.

I have also add more voices clips because the character don't speak a lot in the game...

The soundpack is more cool than the official voice of the droid !

Enjoy :winkthumb:

This is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7184mu50sbemhda/Jedi_Hunter_Droid_-_Voice_Acting.rar

The sounds in the pack are in .mp3

Past all a good day :D

Because I had not succeed to extract the voice from the game, I have re-Created the voices clips of the Game with Audacity and with my own voice.

I have also add more voices clips because the character don't speak a lot in the game...

The soundpack is more cool than the official voice of the droid !

Enjoy :winkthumb:

This is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7184mu50sbemhda/Jedi_Hunter_Droid_-_Voice_Acting.rar

The sounds in the pack are in .mp3

Past all a good day :D

I can't really understand what words are being said, the effect on the voice is way too loud.

@ Really ?... Strange... I'm going to remake it.

I'm halfway to ripping the sounds from the DS Game. I've managed to unpack the DS game and get the .bundle file. Now I just need someone to extract every audio file from this .bundle file and I should have the sounds ready to go.

@ We listen the EG droid in two scene : in the first scene of the second mission in the Ruusan Moon, where that's just a record capted by R2-D2, and in the first mission of Mustafar, on the last checkpoint. :winkthumb: But he don't speak a lot and his voice is not very cool in the game : just low and compressed, look like the super battle droid voice. :mellow:  For me, the voice must more look like the magnaguard voice.

@@Psyk0Sith If you want other voice clip, I can make other more articulated : say me what sentence you want and I make them ;)

That's the thing, i don't want it to be articulated, from the fight sequences i've seen, the sounds were generic and had no dialogs, which is perfect. It's a killing machine afterall.

Shouldn't be too long for the sounds now. There's 2 different versions of this character, there's the EG-5 version as seen in Lightsaber Duels on Wii, and the EG-07 version from Republic Heroes. Both sound identical so it really has no effect on the sounds.

@Metatroniks I wouldn't worry about the dialogue too much, like Psyk0Sith said, he's more menacing silent. This worked well even for Darth Maul. I'd concentrate your voice talents on the pain sounds, if you are familiar with the sound structure of JKA. Replicating the gurps, deaths, combats, pains sounds (the non-word stuff) should do well. If you need a reference use the youtube videos of the battle with EG-5 in Lightsaber Duels.

@@Psyk0Sith I do understand about you waiting for the sounds, but I myself am waiting on a person for the program to extract them. It may be a good idea to release your model first, then update it at a later time, if the model is ready of course.

P.S. Any chance of making Malgus 2.0? :P Still waiting on that official update. :D

Darth Sion likes this

Here's a teaser of the latest version, sorry for the dark video but youtube messed with brightness for some reason.

I saw the video before it was removed. Good stuff. I had an idea, that if you made the NPC file, to make the class CLASS_SABER_DROID

I would imagine that this would give the walking sounds, etc. I haven't tested it though.

Edit: Nope doesn't work. That sucks.

@@Psyk0Sith You are a GOD man  :o This droid is so beautiful in action... and the second skin is so wonderful  : *snif*

I am sure this will be the most great skin of all of time in Jedi Academy ! MOUAHAHAHA ! :lol:

Just, for advice, I think; with the second skin (the white); the red of the head must be yellow.

I have the game so I know. But It's just an advice ;) very goooooooood job :)