Will you play Battlefront?

eezstreet

Latest Poll  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on playing Battlefront?

• Yes, I have it preordered.
    • Yes, at some point.
    • Maybe.
    • No.
    • Other (describe)

You're acting like buying a game is a life or death decision. It's not. It's entertainment. If it's a bad game, then who cares? Then I spent $60 on a game. Big deal.

The fact that I did preorder basically says that I'm confident that it'll be a good game. The people I trust that played the bets said it was awesome, despite a few bugs they ran into.

I love Star Wars as well, which plays into it.

Also, I loved AC Unity and Arkham Knight. I wasn't aware that these games were flops. Everyone I know that has played them also love them.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I'm buying the game with confidence in 3 things: word of mouth, trailer and gameplay videos, and the fact that it's Star Wars.

So I'm sorry that you think I'm an idiot. Probably not the only one on this site. :P

Also, I understand your argument. Not saying you're wrong, I just don't think calling me an idiot for spending $60 on a game before I've played it is all that warranted.

therfiles likes this

Also, I loved AC Unity and Arkham Knight. 

Arkham Knight was removed from the god damn steam store until they fixed the game and GMG changed their refund policy specifically for the game. 

Watch the video.

What is the harm in you buying the game on launch? Like it costs the same in most cases, the only thing it requires you is patience. DONT PREORDER. You aren't going to die because you waited for a product to release before purchasing.

Because reviews probably wouldn't make any difference in my decision. I'd rather play it myself and form my own opinion. I don't think I've ever read a review on a video game before buying it.

Yet, you probably read reviews for PC parts and other things more than a couple of dollars? That is beyond illogical.

Thanks for encouraging egregious pre-order schemes that lock out parts of the game for zero reason for the rest of us who actually care about our money.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Yet, you probably read reviews for PC parts and other things more than a couple of dollars? That is beyond illogical.

Thanks for encouraging egregious pre-order schemes that lock out parts of the game for zero reason for the rest of us who actually care about our money.

Not generally, no.

I'm sorry that I'm offending you with my video game purchasing habits. :ph34r:

JAWSFreelao and Syko like this

@@MaceMadunusus You're acting like it's a scientific fact that the game is bad. However, different people care about different aspects of the game. There is no way you can truly call any piece of media "bad". It's all personal preference. And what difference does it make whether you pre-order the game or buy it when it comes out. You still end up paying the same amount of money either way, and if you don't like it, you can still sell it or return it. 

@@MaceMadunusus You're acting like it's a scientific fact that the game is bad. However, different people care about different aspects of the game. There is no way you can truly call any piece of media "bad". It's all personal preference. And what difference does it make whether you pre-order the game or buy it when it comes out. You still end up paying the same amount of money either way, and if you don't like it, you can still sell it or return it. 

This comment made it clear you didn't read a single thing. I even linked videos that tells you why not to pre order and then you ask what the hell the difference is. Watch the video, and get some reading comprehension if you want me to take you seriously. I hate being rude like that but come on dude... I'm not going to repeat myself because of your own inability to read or take the time to watch things I have posted. The game isn't necessarily bad but its inherently broken and overpriced. It was fun to play, but is it $60 fun to play and will it keep my interest past a few weeks? Nope.

Remember, I had the alpha, did they fix the community complaints about the flight controls on PC in beta months later? Nope, they tweaked it so it wasn't as bad, but its still bad. Yet the community was as unanimous about the flight controls sucking in the alpha like they were spawns sucking in the beta.

They've made many basic game design sins that just don't even make sense from a company with as much experience with DICE.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Wait, don't you mean brushing Warfighter, Battlefield 4, Hardline, Mass Effect 3, Sim City, Sims 4, Titanfall, Need for Speed, The Old Republic, under the rug?

I meant EVERY bad game that EA has done. Mass Effect? Eh, didn't get into it. But alright. TOR? Keep that. It's the only LEGENDS game left, so it's tolerable because LEGENDS is being continued there. Everything else? They either ruined completely or just dumbed down and made them repetitive. 

I apologize that I do not have the time to sit through 20 minutes of video or everything you wrote, but believe it or not, I have a life outside of gaming. However I did watch (or rather, listen to) the first few minutes of the video in question, and noticed he was talking about steam specifically. And while I understand the concerns, A) Origin games can be refunded. B) So can disk copies. As I previously mentioned, I am getting the game on the PS4, meaning will I have a physical copy of the game, and if I don't like it and I can't get a refund for some reason, I can sell it. For this very reason, I rarely buy games digitally, with the exception of MMOs. I should also mention that my pre-order comes with the PS4 in question, and three other games I've already played and like (Jedi Starfighter, Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge) which I think is enough to make up for it if I don't end up liking SWBF. And while there ARE bugs (which I never noticed), I don't care about them. In fact, some bugs make the game MORE fun IMO. If there are any other problems about pre-ordering he mentioned, please tell me in text, because I have much better things to do than watch all of that.

That's already been posted. I do however, agree that the ultimate edition is kinda dumb. I'd rather see what the expansions are before buying them. Though I should note that we have absolutely no idea how much content is in each pack. I'd expect to see more than just an additional planet per pack being ~$12.50 each. At least I hope. Though I did get the deluxe edition PS4 bundle, but that's just so I could get the extra games it comes with and the Darth Vader console. I don't really care much about the in-game bonuses since i'd be able to unlock the items anyway, and I don't really see me using emotes that much.

JAWSFreelao likes this

"I'm never going to insult someone for liking a game. You can like what you want. You are a complete idiot for pre-ordering though. If you want to have even better games STOP PRE-ORDERING"

Just had to point out the amount of hipocrisy there. Anyway, the game seems to have obvious flaws but you know what? YOLO. Imma sit my fat ass down, play this game, and screams curses at the television when I feel like the game is bullshit. But you know what? Someone else's opinion determine whether or not I play a videogame. That'd be like ming pizza because one of my friends hates pizza. That's cool but when I got a chance at pizza imma eat. So basic message: Stop trying to convince bruh because ain't nobody give a crap about your idealistic "SCREWEA SWAGBAG 2015" campaign. 

Rayce likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

"I'm never going to insult someone for liking a game. You can like what you want. You are a complete idiot for pre-ordering though. If you want to have even better games STOP PRE-ORDERING"

Just had to point out the amount of hipocrisy there. Anyway, the game seems to have obvious flaws but you know what? YOLO. Imma sit my fat ass down, play this game, and screams curses at the television when I feel like the game is bullshit. But you know what? Someone else's opinion determine whether or not I play a videogame. That'd be like ming pizza because one of my friends hates pizza. That's cool but when I got a chance at pizza imma eat. So basic message: Stop trying to convince bruh because ain't nobody give a crap about your idealistic "SCREWEA SWAGBAG 2015" campaign. 

Liking the game and preordering are two completely different things, you can like the game but not have preordered and you can preorder the game and not like it. There is no hypocrisy in my statement. Pre-ordering is WANT not LIKE.

Also reviews for this game came out real good mates, basically everyone of them saying it doesn't have enough content to be worth $60. Great on y'all.

I find myself reluctantly agreeing with you, even if you're remarkably annoying.

The game is amazing but extremely limited. Regardless I enjoyed it.

Being annoying about something I believe in is fine with me. I'm glad you like the game, I enjoyed it too. Just not $60 AAA title enjoyed. Most of my gaming community and MB developers feel the same. In fact most have already stopped playing. EA is now promising more free content outside of Jakku DLC to respond to the points the reviews brought up over the lack of content and their stock prices dropping 6% after those reviews were released. That is a positive, but we shall see where that goes. They're still doing maps for season pass crap.

Ugh. The OG Battlefront had more maps. Less modes but still more maps.

Actually a good thing that it did. Usually more modes fragments the community base extremely far when you get into excessive amounts (more than 4 or so imo) (Titanfall suffered from this) and they all eventually gravitate to one or two gamemodes. In Battlefront Walker Assault definitely will be one, supremacy probably another. That isn't saying having a ton of modes isn't fun but there will always be ones people prefer over others, and as a result of diminishing playerbase over time the less liked gamemodes just wont be playable at all after a certain point in time. With Jakku they're supposedly adding yet another gamemode to the mix, which makes the problem worse. I would much rather a company focus on making one gamemode great than making 10 gamemodes okay. 

Edit:

Peak PC player counts for today:

Battlefield 4: 27,536

Battlefront: 34,174

Team Fortress 2: 62,620

ARK Survival Evolved: 39,841

Grand Theft Auto 5: 35,573

Garrys Mod: 34,252

Football Manager 2016: 59,511

So many games that have been around for quite a while already are beating the PC player counts for battlefront. Consoles still have pretty high player counts, but if you include those for several of those games the same can be said, but the numbers are already dropping from launch.

An analyst report has come out for Gamestop. They are mentioning that Battlefront has had poor sales and that they "expect sales to pick up as The Force Awakens releases"

Personally, I think that's crap though. This game has not been too terribly well received and I doubt it will get any sort of boost, especially since a multiplayer environment is very volatile.

I expect that after the next free content drop (Battle of Jakku) is released for all platforms, it won't receive too much more coverage. The game just doesn't have much in the way of content, and many people cancelled their preorders after the beta.

JAWSFreelao likes this