Will you play Battlefront?

eezstreet

Latest Poll  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on playing Battlefront?

• Yes, I have it preordered.
    • Yes, at some point.
    • Maybe.
    • No.
    • Other (describe)

Then you should try it first. Funny how some people read rumors about a game that hasn't been released and make up their mind without any second thought. It looks like more fun than the old ones in my opinion. Plus, it's not even completed yet.

I hate EA because of all their preplanned DLC. I bought the fucking game, stop making me pay for the full experience.

I'm skeptical because of the lack of CW content. That's a HUGE moneymaker to be sitting on, and it appears they aren't touching it at all. It's stupid and rather frustrating.

1. They have yet to announce any paid DLC for this game. So far they only announced free DLC.

2. Not all DLC is like that. A lot of times it truly is bonus material and is optional. For the fidelity and time spent on that material, I'm perfectly willing to pay for it if I really want the content. 

I agree that the publishers like EA and Activision push the companies too hard and are forced to finish the game with DLC, but it's not always the case. I think EA is kind of turning around now. SWTOR content is apparently going to be all free for subscribers (and yeah subbing sucks but still, they aren't charging for the game itself, which is good), BF first DLC will be free, etc.

Rayce, JAWSFreelao and Onysfx like this

Some of the Staff & Members at The Sci-Fi Network will be sharing their experiences on the Star Wars Battlefront Beta once it comes out in early October. One of them has even offered to Livestream the game. With their permission, I'll probably share those with you guys.

Speaking of which, who here plans to sign-up for the beta in October?

Rayce likes this

After playing battlefield 3 & 4, I don't have much hope this game will be free of map bugs (trying to snipe around or between certain objects, but a clear spot blocks the bullet) or have COD quality animation (when seeing NPCs interact with objects. Many times I've seen huge clipping, something COD has hardly any of). Last COD I played was MW3, no idea if it's gone tits up since or not.

JAWSFreelao likes this

I loathe EA... but the new Battlefront looks visually amazing. I just hope it has substance and not just looks. As far as MP FPS games go, these days Planet Side 2 is my poison of choice, we shall see if this can get me hooked like the original Battlefront! Blimey, i actually remember going to the shop just as it opened first thing in the morning to buy that game on release day. At first they said they didn't have any in stock, until we told them to check under the desk, and voila there was a batch there ready to go out on the shelves!

After playing battlefield 3 & 4, I don't have much hope this game will be free of map bugs (trying to snipe around or between certain objects, but a clear spot blocks the bullet) or have COD quality animation (when seeing NPCs interact with objects. Many times I've seen huge clipping, something COD has hardly any of). Last COD I played was MW3, no idea if it's gone tits up since or not.

COD and quality in the same sentence... I guess their is a first for everything