78 members have voted

1. 1. Models

• Han Solo (Original Trilogy)
    • Luke Skywalker (Original Trilogy)
    • Princess Leia (Original Trilogy)
    • Ki-Adi Mundi
    • Poe Dameron
    • Obi-wan (Ep1, Ep2, EpIV)
    • Nien Nunb (Or general Sullustan model)
    • Other (State in reply)

That will turn off a hand that is used. It should be, rename

r_hand,*off

with

r_hand,off

Do it also for the l_hand (specially needed if you plan on using dual sabers).

See https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/137-fix-hapslashs-anakin-model-no-lightsaber-blade/

Thanks to @ for pointing me to the solution and @@Circa for the workaround.

I haven't found the official cause but my guess is (I might be wrong, is just me trying to make sense of it), there are multiple hand objects but only one hand tag, when you turn off the hand that is associated with the Tag using "*off", all the "child objects" (including the Tag) is turned off but maybe using "off" (without " * "), it doesn't turns of the "child objects"? That's just a wild guess.

BTW, the model works fine in OpenJK without issues.

It has the problem in JKE (which crashes more than a blind man in a Nascar race). I just tried the fix and it worked.

Do you have a moment to do this for the Aayla model? Because I seem to have messed it up even more twice trying to correct this problem. 

Just open the pk3 file with packscape.

Navegate to the models folder

Look for the ".skin" files

Drag and drop them to somewhere in your computer

Open the files with notepad

Do a search/replace and replace

r_hand,*off

With

r_hand,off

Do the same for l_hand

Save the files

Drag and drop the files back to their original folders in packscape

Save the file

If you use notepad, you will have to do that for every .skin file (at least the "torso" skin files and the "model" skin files (model_default, etc).

If you use notepad++, you can do a replace in files and it does it replaces in all files for you.

Just open the pk3 file with packscape.

Navegate to the models folder

Look for the ".skin" files

Drag and drop them to somewhere in your computer

Open the files with notepad

Do a search/replace and replace

r_hand,*off

With

r_hand,off

Do the same for l_hand

Save the files

Drag and drop the files back to their original folders in packscape

Save the file

If you use notepad, you will have to do that for every .skin file (at least the "torso" skin files and the "model" skin files (model_default, etc).

If you use notepad++, you can do a replace in files and it does it replaces in all files for you.

Okay done that and it fixed the saber problem but there's a new problem as it can't find a shader for the torso. 

Hmmmm...

Any ideas?

Keep getting error "can't find image for shader_off" or something along those lines. 

Help would be appreciated. @The Punisher

I'll have a look into it tomorrow, and make some fixes.Sorry for not getting back straight away been swept up with work.

So @@Scerendo would do Han Solo and Kenobi next? :D according to the poll

I'm actually going to make a poll for what to do next, since I would like to have a go at making something new.

swegmaster and Kualan like this

I'll have a look into it tomorrow, and make some fixes.Sorry for not getting back straight away been swept up with work.

I'm actually going to make a poll for what to do next, since I would like to have a go at making something new.

Yeah, it'd be good to see someone who hasn't been attempted in any form so far. Looking forward to seeing what options you come up with.

Scerendo likes this

Thanks so much!

Personally I'd love to see anything in the realm of Jedi/Sith from KOTOR I & II by you, or the girl with the half fringe from the cancelled "Maul" title would be incredible.

Keep getting error "can't find image for shader_off" or something along those lines. 

Help would be appreciated. @The Punisher

So I fixed the missing saber issue, (same solution as what Punisher mentioned). I added the updated file to the download page.

The "can't find image for shader_off"  occurs when you don't hide a mesh with the ,*off command/path thing to work around the missing saber blade.

Unfortunately afaik to be able use to a different mesh for hands (which is the gloves in the case of the Aayla model) you still need to the "l_hand"/"r_hand" meshes to be active, but not displaying.

So changing" l_hand,*off" to "l_hand,off" is a work around for that - it basically means the mesh is still being loaded, but not visible.

It should be a harmless error to the best of my knowledge, unless it is causing you any specific issues?

The Punisher likes this

So I fixed the missing saber issue, (same solution as what Punisher mentioned). I added the updated file to the download page.

The "can't find image for shader_off"  occurs when you don't hide a mesh with the ,*off command/path thing to work around the missing saber blade.

Unfortunately afaik to be able use to a different mesh for hands (which is the gloves in the case of the Aayla model) you still need to the "l_hand"/"r_hand" meshes to be active, but not displaying.

So changing" l_hand,*off" to "l_hand,off" is a work around for that - it basically means the mesh is still being loaded, but not visible.

It should be a harmless error to the best of my knowledge, unless it is causing you any specific issues?

Nah, other than the error message. 

Thank you so much for all your hard work. 

Scerendo likes this

Scerendo could you please Add LODs to your Aayla model and your Quinlan Vos model too? It'd be great so that we can add them to mb2.

Yeah its something I've been trying to get around to for awhile now, admittedly its one of first things Spaghetti really wanted to get in the game - just life and other things have got in the way. I am looking at it now atm, but I also need to fix and lower the polycount of the models of Aayla, and Quinlan has got a new model completely that needs to be tested and tweaked.

0OYvvK.png

Tompa9, swegmaster, J19 and 4 others like this

Yeah its something I've been trying to get around to for awhile now, admittedly its one of first things Spaghetti really wanted to get in the game - just life and other things have got in the way. I am looking at it now atm, but I also need to fix and lower the polycount of the models of Aayla, and Quinlan has got a new model completely that needs to be tested and tweaked.

0OYvvK.png

HOLY SPAWST! :D

Scerendo likes this