Effect on a npc ?

• 3 weeks later...

thanks you all for your answers

I think I will create invisible npcs ( test.npc ) with an invisible saber which has a bladeeffect.

The goal was to have 3 or 4 spawnable effects like in clanmod, makermod or ja++.

It's for a RP. I don't know coding so I can't add a "addeffect" command to the game (and it needs to add an admin system, I don't want that). And I don't need all effects. Just 2 or 3.

Asgarath83 likes this

remember: set the count of primitives spawn of effect to 1 1 not more.

why i teel you? why for personal experience, the bladeeffect is different by blockeffect and hitotherefx.

bladeeffect will be spawn Every.Single.Frame of game. so if you set 1 1 to the particles you get however an amount of thirty or sixty particles for second. (30-60 frames for second of speed running of the game)

so, be careful about count value of the particles, or you can make a very heavy effect that can burn the eyes of players, and also slowing the map for the massive primitive displaying.

keep ever light the count value when you make an effect.

i suggest you for blockeffect and hitothereffect to not make more of 10 primitives max spawning . blockeffect and hitothereffect are played only in locks of saber on when saber hit the walls (if the bounceonwalls 1 is enabled on SAB file), and they are triggered only in 1 frame.

for hitpersoneffect, i warning you to not make a massive particles count efx because is triggered every frame that the blade hit the flesh of enemies. 

so be careful about bladeeffect and hitpersoneffect Load of Primitives. ;)

@@Clan FJA

Also you can make invisible saber with effect and change animation to set the saber position to bone that you need.

P.S. SP, MP? In current JA++ you can spawn effects and attach it to any player's bone.

Ehi Keyten, i know this tecnique because i use also in my mod, but how is possible to tag the saber position to a specific tag bone only for a specific NPC instead of default bolt_ l_hand \ bolt_r_hand tags without moving these tags into the Model project on blender \ 3dmax ? D: