It seemed like everyone wanted to make a damn mobile card game and get a slice of Hearthstone's pie, but to be honest I don't think there's much point in trying. Blizzard does what they do well, and if Starcraft, World of Warcraft and Diablo (well to be fair it's more of a problem of most Diablo clones being shite, Diablo 3 is a very flawed game) are any indication, you're going to get burned if you try and compete against them.

That being said, Bethesda put on a good show despite it being their first, which is great because all the other developer conferences were very boring. Whomever thought it was a great idea to have Pelé on main stage and ramble about bicycles and chicks (?) was not thinking clearly tbh. Ubi and EA were basically predictable conferences:

- Driving game? Need for Speed/Ubisoft's driving game (it looked so boring and forgettable tbh), plus Trackmania.

- CO-OP game? Rainbow Six Siege, Garden Warfare

- Rhythm game? Just Dance. Surprisingly no Rocksmith or Rock Band, despite the latter coming out soon and the former being a 2-year offering (next should be 2016 edition)

- Sports? Check. This year over half the EA conference time was spent on yearly sports offerings.

- Wildcard? Check. Yarn game, surprisingly no Rayman.

- FILLER: Ass Creed and Pelé talking

- Showing the same game as last year because it got delayed? Mirror's Edge, The Division (is this game coming out? It's been at 3 E3 events)

- And then, actually interesting content: Battlefront (which didn't blow me away that much tbh, it still looks like the original but better graphics, nothing new besides a horde mode which seems almost standard in today's shooters) and South Park game. At least Ubisoft were kind enough to show their stuff off at the beginning.

Bethesda conference was a lot more interesting because it captured the conferences of 7-8 years ago: there were games that weren't announced (to the public) which had gameplay and a reasonable timeframe of release. Barely any CGI present. They showed off stuff which was interesting and fresh, and it didn't seem at all like these were suits (or ffs, Aisha Tyler, aka I Need A Tylenol), they seemed like people genuinely interested with the games they're making, and I respect that. E3 isn't a trailer-fest and it wasn't supposed to be.

I'm excited for The Division, but yeah it took twice as long as they originally planned for some reason. Otherwise they wouldn't have announced it so early. It's almost like they had an idea but didn't really realize how much time and effort it would take to do it right. I don't think Ubisoft has made a game like that before, so kudos to them for not rushing it.