ME3 Widow / Black Widow Model

This model is already done - I just want to throw that out there, so peeps don't think I've given up on the Valiant. That's just definitely got more work to it, and this model's just a matter of customizing it for JK3 and getting it in-game.

With that said:

Dyxqu.jpg

Thoughts on scale? I'll be making a black widow version of it also, if you hadn't gotten that from the thread title. Currently it has a VERY slight chrome shader on the worn bits - very subtle to the point that you almost can't tell - as well as a specular shader throughout. I'm hoping the effect is much more pronounced on the black widow version, but we'll see.

Oh yeah, @@The One and Only I'm counting on you for effects for this one too! I'll have to get you some footage I guess....

Edit: Psst psst, now released.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1336-m-98-widow-anti-material-rifle/

Yeah that's why it's a work in progress. :P

I literally threw it together. Everything's in a PSD though so it'll be really easy to tweak hues and things. Part of it is also that the background on the ME2 screenshot is blue and the background on mine is grey. Part, not all.

Quick preview of the black widow version. May tweak the texture some more (it's mostly a recolor).

3zqMy.png

Reference below in the spoiler. The extra bit on the scope is a mod/addon, not part of the gun. Also, mine is technically from Mass Effect 2. I'm not going to modify the mesh at all.

hoqQm.jpg

Also, some more tweaks to the scope. Fixed it not being properly orange (for the most part) and corrected some other minor details.

RL516.jpg

Haven't even pretended to even think about the effects yet (as you can see). Here's your first peek at the Black Widow in action with the sound effects (which should be authentic). Feel free to make suggestions on improvements. It only took me two hours to figure out how to get the first person model working. #RetiredModderProblems #OhWaitThisIsntTwitter

Effects are hard. This is three hours of work, and all I've really done is the muzzle flash and the smoke trails lol. The rest of it, though, is going to be a breeze compared to these _____ smoke trails. Which only work in MP. D:

MUG likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They can be used very tastefully with the non-default textures but it's also important to keep in mind what you're trying to create. My gun is significantly battle-worn -- why would it be THAT shiny? lol A specular shader does just fine for this.