Better MD3 lightning

Ye should edit your post with proper img and spoiler tags so that people don't have to open images up to a separate site and can just view it while browsing.  Why? Mappers are lazy and are less likely to help you if they have to do extra work.  eg: "[/img]" or "

" etc

shot0647.jpg

Langerd likes this

JKG Developer

Don't foget you can always use _lightmapscale to sharpen the lighting as well on particular models or func_groups. Most of my mapping is done in func_groups so I can control each area/thing's lightmap, so blurrier (_Lightmapscale 4) where theirs a lot of ambient and no real defined shadows, and (_Lightmapscale 0.125) for things I want to have a very defined shadow.
I actually really encourage folks to use the Func-Group technique in there maps, it can save you invaluable .bsp size and compile time and come out with a much better overall map image. Be warned though as some may know, the sharper the lightmapscale the more fps it seems to draw and can some times bug if you go below 0.250. You can also in turn tell different groups to cast or not to cast a shadow, such as a light source its self some times should not be casting a shadow. Use _cs 0-1 and _rs 0-1 to controll this. _cs means Cast shadows 1 is on and 0 is off, _rs is receive shadows 0 is off and 1 is on.

An example for a light source say a chandelier would be _cs 0 (meaning since it's the light it shouldn't be casting a shadow depending on how it is suppose to work realistically) and then _rs 1 meaning that things can cast shadows on the light source its self if they are able to.
These commands can also be placed of course on any model.

A side note about func groups, they can be set to structural or detail, so they can be used like normal the engine does not see them as an entity so make sure you detail and structural correctly as you normally would when using func_groups.

~AngelModder™