Need Help With OpenJK Please

TimtheBigDaddy

Make sure to put the fabulous_openjk.pk3 file in your base folder. It's in the OpenJK folder by default, I don't know why. That usually clears up any crashes that I have. 

OJK shouldn't be crashing if you don't have that PK3 in the OpenJK folder - perhaps you're using an old build? The PK3 is in the OpenJK folder by default because it overrides the base DLLs which not everybody wants - it's fine to move it there if you want to, but it shouldn't be crashing if you don't.

Hello, I'm also trying to install openjk. I got singleplayer to work (I moved fabulous_openjk.pk3 to base, everything else copied to GameData), but when I star multiplayer it crashes. It's a standard crash with the "windows is searching for a solution" prompt coming up. Do I also need the .dll that is also in the OpenJK folder in the base folder, just like the .pk3?

Hello, I'm also trying to install openjk. I got singleplayer to work (I moved fabulous_openjk.pk3 to base, everything else copied to GameData), but when I star multiplayer it crashes. It's a standard crash with the "windows is searching for a solution" prompt coming up. Do I also need the .dll that is also in the OpenJK folder in the base folder, just like the .pk3?

When does it crash? Does it crash before the window appears, or at some later time?

Can you try saving the following to a .bat file in your GameData folder, and running it?

openjk.x86.exe +set logfile 2 +set developer 1

It will still crash like before but it will also create a log file in My Games/OpenJK/base called qconsole.log. Please post the contents of the log file here :)

We need more details otherwise it becomes difficult to help you track down the issue.

You've established now that the server was JA+, but what was the gametype?  When exactly did it crash?  Was there any loading at all?  Do you have JA+ client side installed?