Ye olde browser war

As a web developer i find that chrome is one of the few browsers that actually display's things correctly. It is easy to blame the browser but 9 times out of 10 it is sloppy coding that causes the problems. Unless its Internet Explorer, then 9 times out of 10 it is the browser!

Are you a student, or an fully educated web developer? I might head into the same profession ^^

To avoid getting off topic:

I like opera, google chrome and firefox all alike. I use opera most of the time, and have firefox and google chrome installed in case of emergencies. :)

Are you a student, or an fully educated web developer? I might head into the same profession ^^

To avoid getting off topic:

I like opera, google chrome and firefox all alike. I use opera most of the time, and have firefox and google chrome installed in case of emergencies. :)

Have a BSc(Hons) in Computer Science, worked for a year as an ecommerce web designer and am now in the process of setting up my own web design business :D Currently focusing on an ecommerce platform that i used in my previous job, but do also do general stuff :D i think its a great profession, its surprising the jobs you can get when your not attached to a large company!

On topic: i always used to use firefox, then it seemed to go downhill, tested chrome for my daily browsing (had it installed for web testing) and set it as my default after about an hour of using it. Looking at getting a chromebook for work purposes as chrome can do so much.

Akimoto likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

so im curious, why does everyone hate IE thesedays? and if your going to make claims, id like to see some technical data to back you up for your browser's choice

I have IE, Firefox, and Chrome on this machine, mind you my pc is still running XP and ive not made the jump to 7 yet (fuck win 8)

so I'm curious, why does everyone hate IE thesedays? and if your going to make claims, id like to see some technical data to back you up for your browser's choice

Personally, I just find Chrome both more pleasing to look at, less cluttered and just generally more usable, rather than any particular technical advantage (although I'm told it does have one, but I cant really back that up)