No playermodels are being shown!

So, I installed my copy of JKA, updated it and applied a no-cd patch so I don't have to put it in the drive each time I play. (keep in mind I uninstalled and installed the game completely because of this also after that) but as soon as I load up a new start for SP, no playermodels are being shown whatsoever! And the crosshair is somehow bent to the left, it's really weird and this hasn't happened to me before. Can anyone help quickly? I'd like to test my mods and upload one of them already...

Here's a screenshot:

shot0000.jpg

There's no Rosh, no Jaden, no rebel pilot or anyone else in the scene before that... and I have NO mods installed! Now it's a completely clean game + 1.01 patch, that's why this is weird. Could it be a windows 8.1 compatibility issue? And here are my specs if anyone needs them:
OP GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
INTEL Core i7-4790K (4.00GHz,1MB,8MB,88 W,1150)
RAM DDR3 16GB PC1600 Kingston HyperX (4x4GB)
GIGABYTE Nvidia 980GTX 4GB OC
SSD HyperX 3K 120GB
HDD WD 1TB Blue 
DVDRW LG SATA black
750W ENERGON GAMING

No I did not. Schould I try it? Because, nevertheless, I think something else is the issue here... and I've never heard of a solution to play with a certain mod, I'll do it right away but I bet that the problem will persist.

EDIT: Allright they've loaded. @@Stoiss Now explain please, how come the playermodels load now and not before? I'd still like to get rid of this issue in the vanilla game.

EDIT2: Something else seems to be the problem here, for real. I tried loading the Aegis I've done yesterday and my jedi is holding NOTHING in his hand. I double checked all paths right now, they seem to be correct, there was also no problem with the model in ModView or 3ds Max.

Here, I've quickly put the test pk3 to my dropbox, If anyone can download it and try it out himself, it would be a big help. At least this way I'll know if it's still the game causing problems or my mod, might be I missed just a single letter in the paths, I'll go take a look at it once more now. LINK TO AEGIS SABER, to use with the console, type saber 1_aegis

Edited by Rooxon

Well I need to resolve this problem as soon as possible, I'm stuck in my development... I need to test the saber ingame to later do final fixes to the size, tag placement and so on... Also I told you, the same problem happened with the no-cd patch and without it also, I did later uninstall the whole game and installed it anew. The problem yet persists... I'd be really happy if someone could download the file above and do a quick test run if the saber even shows ingame, if it does, than something else is wrong with either JKA or not being compatible with Windows 8.1 Pro build 9600

jka works fine with win 8.1 pro build 9600 i use it my self for dev on my mod

im not sure but what about try install dx runtime ?

edit:

i don't think this is a game problem m8, it is more like how you model of the saber has been maked or ported over or somthing in the files maybe,

becours it don't apire in game not in the saber menu or the game it self and it do some wierd sound stuff and saber blade is not where it is suppose to be at all

Allright, seems that my 3dsmax2012/gmax routine won't do the job after all... Well good to know, at least. Still, the playermodel bug isn't solved with this yet... No worries though, I've got the MD3 exporter now for 3ds max 2012 thanks to Archangel35757 pointing me to it, I just hope I can manage to get a scene file over with katarn's saber and the main two tags for the sabers, at least. I'll try exporting it later through there, though I will have to UV map it from start.

Well it's probably an issue with your graphics card or something, like stated above. Some of the newer ones don't work well with vanilla JKA. That's kind of the point of OpenJK. :P why not just use that? Tons of bug fixes that you'd benefit from anyway.

Stoiss likes this

No. Stop it. Stop the lies =[

The reason player models weren't showing up for you in SP is exactly because of the no-cd crack. It's also the reason OpenJK does work.

Retail JA has copy-protection that will sabotage the game if the executable is modified. In order to remove the CD check, the executable was modified, thus triggering the copy-protection. It's a crappy no-cd patch.

OpenJK removed both the CD check and the copy-protection code, so you won't run into the issue.

In MP, the copy-protection manifests in a randomly triggered error during gameplay that will disconnect you from the server.

Solution: Don't use a cracked executable. Either mount the disc image or use OpenJK.

Omicron and Stoiss like this

Yes, but... you all seem to not read the fact, that I uninstalled the game with the no-cd patch. :D Don't worry, I took dvd decrypter and quickly made an .iso file, because I'm worried about my CD disk. Actually I'm kinda impressed I was even able to install the game. Also, I'm not one of those everyday gamers who download all possible games and play them cracked, exactly because of this matter; all downloaded games seem to have problems here and there, crashes, things not working properly, really.... I can spare the money to go and buy games. Well, even though I rarely do, I support only the Star Wars, GTA, Elder Scrools and some shooting games franchises.

I think @@Circa is right, thou... because, there's really no other explanation. A totaly clean, ORIGINAL copy of JKA, WITHOUT THE NO-CD PATCH, playermodels not showing.

Now, onto the reason why I don't like openJK as of right now; I can't do screenshots in-game! They're simply not showing up in the screenshots folder. I need to put the game in window mode, hit print screen, exit the game and paste it for example in photoshop. Even with CamSP some error is shown, stating that it's not able to create a file, though it schould be. I'm running it as administrator..

And this, my friends, brings me to a HUGE wall actually. I reckon printscreen doesn't work with full screen, at least that's how it always was, may be that OpenJK fixed this. Does anyone know?

Hm yeah allright. I found the screenshots, even though the game said they weren't created, they're there. Funny and weird once again, but allright. Well I just hope that the widescreen patch won't mess up the game... I'll apply it this afternoon and post here if any more problems come up. After that I think the problem is solved, no matter if it's the graphics card or something else. OpenJK seems to work now fine and that's that.