Starting as the other character than player.

How to start the map as other character than player. For example as stormtrooper without force powers and only with blaster. And bonus... i play my map but the first thing i do is type the playermodel stormtrooper and playerteam player. When maps changes all weapons stay but i game change me to the player... How to make it?

How to start the map as other character than player. For example as stormtrooper without force powers and only with blaster. And bonus... i play my map but the first thing i do is type the playermodel stormtrooper and playerteam player. When maps changes all weapons stay but i game change me to the player... How to make it?

Here is the script for starting with no force powers. Ignore the objective part as that specific to my project. Also, "kyle" would be the NPC targetname of your stormtrooper. So, you can call him whatever you want just make sure to include that name, without quotes, in the script.

I'm really not sure how to set up the player for blaster only. I start my project with a blaster pistol and stun button and that is in the npc entity box. 

//Generated by BehavEd

affect ( "kyle", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_JUMP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_HEAL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_SPEED_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PUSH_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PULL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_MINDTRICK_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_GRIP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_LIGHTNING_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_THROW", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_DEFENSE", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_OFFENSE", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_HEALTH", 100 );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ARMOR", 0 );
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_OBJECTIVE_SHOW", "KEJIM_POST_OBJ1" );
}

Langerd likes this

The script suggestion is good, though I'm not sure about the "Kyle" NPC_targetname: if the player is meant to change then the script should affect "Player". Also, assuming that you have a full and direct control over the map, you can tick the "noweapon" spawnflag (64) of Info_Player_Start, and in the next maps tick the "keep_prev" spawnflag (1). This way, you should start with no weapons in the first map, the script turns you into a non-jedi stormtrooper and gives you the blaster rifle, and in the second map you should keep whatever you got in the first map.