FFA Blood Bath

Starting a new FFA/TFFA map, entitled "Blood Bath"
Map is a 3 story layout, with a wide open base floor, and raised catwalk style second floor, as well as an underground bunker accessible via stairwells near each corner of the map.
Haven't begun texturing yet but I'm thinking a sort of industrial theme. suggested by the latticed catwalk support pillars.
Lots of metal, concrete and sand is what I'm thinking.

Play area of the "ground floor" is 3072x3072 with the underground extending out  to 1728 on both the north and south sides for an underground length of 3456 (width doesn't exceed the 1536 of the ground floor).

Working in caulk ATM, which is why I included the wireframe for reference.
Post more pics as I add stuff to break up the ground floor and as I add details.

FFA_Blood_zps416aa507.jpg

Merek, z3filus and Futuza like this

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

Starting a new FFA/TFFA map, entitled "Blood Bath"

Map is a 3 story layout, with a wide open base floor, and raised catwalk style second floor, as well as an underground bunker accessible via stairwells near each corner of the map.

Haven't begun texturing yet but I'm thinking a sort of industrial theme. suggested by the latticed catwalk support pillars.

Lots of metal, concrete and sand is what I'm thinking.

Play area of the "ground floor" is 3072x3072 with the underground extending out  to 1728 on both the north and south sides for an underground length of 3456 (width doesn't exceed the 1536 of the ground floor).

Working in caulk ATM, which is why I included the wireframe for reference.

Post more pics as I add stuff to break up the ground floor and as I add details.

FFA_Blood_zps416aa507.jpg

Love the design, keep up the good work!  :winkthumb:

@zeƒilus

See I was thinking more Blood Bath = Massacre. A knock down trigger happy slug fest. Since there is a fair amount of open room on the map (at least as I envision it) I figured it would give it a sort of "kill box" style gameplay. Being able to flank your enemy, get flanked yourself, little cover.

Weapons set I'm considering has a lean towards fast fire rate, and area effect damage. So repeaters, flechette, thermals, mines. Perhaps one rocket launcher and one disrupter. I don't want this to be a "rocket arena" map so there will be limited ammo for the RL, versus more plentiful ammo for the repeaters/flechettes.

So been working on it still. Tested in game just to verify scale before I got too wild with it. Its PERFECT!!
Well I may lower the roofs on the catwalks, but probably not lol.
Textured a few small areas just to get a texture-set feel. I think concrete and metal will be the way to go.
Skybox is temporary. Images are 512x512 TGA files, yet they look so stretched and pixelated in game.
Also lighting is temporary, using a skylight in the shader for the primary light source. Underground area will have its one sub light sources, but the entire exterior will be lit from the skylight. 
So please excuse the piss-poor lighting.

At 1500 brushes currently in level, even on my old model PC (Win-VISTA, 2GB RAM, Intel Pentium 4 Ghz, no PC-Graphics card) I still get between 55-60FPS average. So higher end machines will definitely have no problems at all.

blood_ingame1_zpsbf830ca5.jpg

z3filus likes this

@zeƒilus

I love the x2 lighting myself and will probably keep it that way. original skylight was only 122, new param is 250 (little over x2).
The upper area will be completely open like it is and lit by skybox.
Lower floor however is "underground" so will of course be lit by some light sources down there (most likely on walls and ceiling).

SOME breakables are planned, since I want to keep entity limits. So probably some cover items which can be blown open like in Battlefield. Perhaps some pipes which will explode upon sufficient damage in the lower level. Not entirely sure about the environmental hazards yet. Just nailing down the basic gameplay right now.