[HELP]Castlevania LOS HUD needs shaders/coders

Hello all :)

I wish to create a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow HUD for Jedi Academy. I have now all the graphics necessary to make the hud, but I do need some people who are good with shaders and people who can put this all together. Those intressted, I can send you .PSD files of the work - or PNG if you prefer (needed for partial transparency). Anyone wishes to help out? You will all be credited for your work in the readme.txt :)

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Here are some screenshots of the game and a video. Later on there are images of the HUD parts that I have made.

GAME IMAGES [HI-RES] - provided as links (otherwise they'd take up entire screen lol):

VIDEOS HERE:

On the first video the battle starts at 4:15 something. It gets more intressting with magic uses at 4:44 somewhere.

That's approximately the layout of the HUD that I've had in mind. But with a distinct difference. I've thought to make a "Jedi" and "Sith" edition of this mini-mod. Thus, the "Light Magic" bar (Blue bar) is only present to represent Force power for Jedi, while "Dark Magic" (Red bar) will be only present for Sith to represent their Force power. Furthermore, the ammo bar would be different, having different crest, depending if it's "Jedi" or "Sith" mini-mod you got installed. :)

Here are the images I have created so far. I have added colors for single saber-styles such as Desann, Tavion, Dual, Staff. (just like in ForceMod 3 :P )

"JEDI"-PACK FORCE REPRESENTATION:

"SITH"-PACK FORCE REPRESENTATION:

"JEDI"-PACK AMMO-BAR REPRESENTATION:

"SITH"-PACK AMMO-BAR REPRESENTATION:

HEALTH AND SHIELD (Shield is the little yellow shield :P ) BAR:

SABER STYLES:

I don't have the time to really help out but I can provide some insight on how to make image based progress bars work.

You'll want the background empty image.  And then an overlay of just the progress portion at 100% with the rest transparent.  Then with the code you can draw the progress portion with the necessary texture coords via the draw stretch pic trap call to cut off an amount when you don't have 100% etc.

You'll need some major changes from the JKA hud code/menu files in order for this to work.  As JKA doesn't really support custom HUDs as nicely as it could.

Angel Soul likes this

I don't have the time to really help out but I can provide some insight on how to make image based progress bars work.

You'll want the background empty image.  And then an overlay of just the progress portion at 100% with the rest transparent.  Then with the code you can draw the progress portion with the necessary texture coords via the draw stretch pic trap call to cut off an amount when you don't have 100% etc.

You'll need some major changes from the JKA hud code/menu files in order for this to work.  As JKA doesn't really support custom HUDs as nicely as it could.

Thank you @@ensiform for the insight. :) Yes, I've noticed a little that the JKA HUD coding is a bit odd (by checking through the Metroid HUD mod I downloaded a while ago). I myself am no coder, but this will proove useful to anyone who wishes to assist me in this matter. :) Thank you so very much for the info!

Allright... I am trying to make the HUD on my own. Not a progressive bar, but standard. For now.
And I am comming accross an annoying problem. When I start the game in MP, I get a really big

gray box with white edges and it says that all my texture files' width are not power of 2.

Now this confuses me somewhat... as I have done exactly like in tutorial I found here:
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-jedi-academy/tutorials/heads-up-display-tutorial

My texture files are in .PNG format, and the whole image format has first been set to 1600x1200.

Then I re-sized it to 1280x960.

What is going on? O.o

So you mean that, if this is gonna work, I will have to - for example - set the image setting to 1024x1024?

No, the power of two rules apply to all textures.  But they don't have to be square.  1024x256 (as an example).  You'll want to scale canvas size bigger than your intended size if you absolutely must use a non power of two size.  But then you will have to deal with blending/alpha for the outer.

No, the power of two rules apply to all textures.  But they don't have to be square.  1024x256 (as an example).  You'll want to scale canvas size bigger than your intended size if you absolutely must use a non power of two size.  But then you will have to deal with blending/alpha for the outer.

Allright. Got it. :) Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, when comming up to 1024 and beyond, the acceptable image dimensions change drastically. So I'll have to do it as a square. Think it'll turn out neat though still.

Allright. :) I got the basic HUD up. I've decided to make the basic for now - and then, some day, if someone wants to help me make it a progressive bar, we can do it then.

This is how the bar looks like now:
http://jkhub.org/topic/4713-wip-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-hud-jka/

Now, I do need assistance in shadering. Namely, mapping a tiled pattern to the bar meters themselves. How do I achieve that? I'm no pro coder so please bear with me. :)