Fixing the MD3 Exporter for 3ds max (Bug Fixes & Unicode Conversion)

For the 3ds Max users out there... I've downloaded the original MD3 source code

(from here: http://forums.duke4.net/topic/1065-md3-exporter-for-3ds-max-2010-x86-and-x64/ )

...and have it ported over into a Max2013 visual studio 2010 project. It was compiling successfully until I added the DoExportMD3.cpp file-- which now results in 20 errors due to the Unicode conversion.

I hope to have these errors sorted out by the end of this week. Also, @@DT85 - if you made any improvements to the code in your Max2010/2011 version then I would like to add your changes as well.

Thanks.

Seems familiar, pretty sure that's where I got the code from.

Yeah I looked at your github repository... it's the same. @@AshuraDX says the 32-bit version works for him-- but textures are not showing properly... maybe he can expound on his findings.

I tried the 64-bit plugin but it crashed max 2013 right after it created the md3 file for writing... leaving an empty md3.

Nothing's ever easy... going to take some time I'm afraid.

Has anyone ever tried the Maxscript MD3 exporter in later versions of 3dsMax?

• 1 year later...

Horrible necro I know, but guys you may want to give this a test if you have Max 2013 64bit or Max 2014:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16660487/MD3_Export2013_x64.dle

Exports animation in all of my tests unlike my previous attempts. :P

Did you compile a 32-bit version for Max2013... it's easy to set that up automatically in your project settings.  (Note:  MAx2013 is the last edition to support 32-bit).

DT. likes this

Updated the plugins with a cleaner UI and dumping a not-so-useful feature (picking which objects & tags you want to export instead of all in the scene) which didn't compile with unicode. Plugin operation should be self explanatory now with better wording and an example of how to use frames.

Psyk0Sith likes this