What's the best, free screen capture recorder???

Title says it all... I'm looking for the best, free screen capture software to record some Sniper Elite gameplay that I thinkwould be great enhancements to Jedi Knight.

PC OS: Windows 7 Pro SP1

I discovered this program awhile back that works pretty well. You can even capture your desktop with it if you wanted to, although you have to change a few settings first. 

https://obsproject.com/

Mert-K and Didz like this

OBS doesn't work me, apparently, I don't have a good enough graphics card for it, or at least, that's what it tells me lol. Everything program I've used to record JKA with crashes JKA (no idea why, but I've always had problems with JKA), EXCEPT for fraps.

OBS was actually the first recording program I tried ironically, once I get a new computer, I'll definitely be using that one.

You'll have a hard time recording with any software if you have a shitty PC. For comparison, I have a Radeon HD 6870 OC (Intel i5-2500 CPU) with a shitty 5400 RPM HDD and I don't even consider recording any game.

• If you have a non-outdated NVIDIA card, you can try Shadowplay.
  • AMD seems to be offering Gaming Evolved.
  • Dxtory if you have a fast HDD (7200RPM).
  • MSI Afterburner is decent, but produces really large files (can't see it being a problem unless you're short in disk space).
  • 9000+ others.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...