[WIP] Man at Arms - Reforged Lightsaber Katana

Hello everybody , you might have seen my recent status update allready but incase you didn't :
I just stumbled across this :

I really like that design and decided to start modeling it, quality wise I'm aiming for the same level of detail as with my ahsoka hilt
while still trieing to stay as low as possible with the vertex count, the hardest piece to create, without wasting a shitload of vertices and tris on while maintaining a smooth, rounded look, is the tsuba , which I just finished

Screenshot%202014-08-14%2016.03.14.png
Screenshot%202014-08-14%2016.03.16.png

I'll probably release 2 versions , one with the katana blade and the other with a regular lightsaber blade in place

Edited by AshuraDX
had to fix something ;P

Woah...you are so fast! Really nice work! One thing I think the designers of the hilt should have done is color the actual blade. The hilt could keep that cool silver and black, but I think it would be really cool if the blade was like a deep red, but still had a metallic feel to it. I think that would be awesome!

Finished

and published, hope you guys like it

@@therfiles I made the blade red temporarily and didn't like it that much , if you really want a version with a red blade let me know and I'll get crackin at it

@@Omicron the blade length doesn't look so odd ingame, but if more requests for that come up I'll do it

Omicron and therfiles like this

Woah! Nice work! Don't worry about it too much. If you didn't think it looked good, then it probably didn't. :P

Allright, feel free to reskin it if you wish though

Currently thinking of modeling a few swords from Metal Gear Rising, if you want a red blade you'll probably like one of them

http://www.enizr.com/media/52982/Metal%20Gear%20Rising%20Revengeance%20Samuel%20Concept%20Art%20(3).jpg

Omicron and Ruxith like this