Level Assignments - Discussion

I'd like to take the Pic & Gorc level. Since it's really small, it's a nice place to start--I've never used ZED before, so I want to get the hang of it before doing anything more ambitious. I'll start on the brushwork now.

Once I finish this, I *might* take the Planet of the Jedi level...but I'm not sure yet. We'll see.

I'm no mapper but I think this is a valid suggestion. Maybe all of you can get on the same page as far as which version of radiant you guys can agree on since I know not everyone uses the same version that way the files can be passed around and maybe some even worked on by more than 1 person.

1.4 is too old IMO and 1.6 is too hard to operate as the ui isn't the same as 1.5. Plus 1.6 likes to mess up my brushwork, which no one else gets the issue so devs can't do anything about it.

• 3 years later...

@@DT85 Is the assignment list up to date? If so, I would like to try my hand at Level 6, "Into the Dark Palace." It's rated as large, so I don't know how long it would take me, but I'm interested in giving it a shot. Let me know what you think.

If yes, are there any screenshots available of the work done by @@Trank on the previous Baron's Hed level? Seeing that would help to keep the visual style consistent. I did notice that several years ago Trank also asked to work on Level 6. If he is still around and wants the level instead, I will gladly acknowledge his dibs on it.

(Obviously, at the moment, the Sariss level is still up in the air in terms of completion. If it turns out that it still needs work, I will go back and finish it before getting too deep in this next project.)

Ok. Are you still in contact with him? The YouTube videos he posted of his progress seem to have vanished, so it would be helpful to have the .map file he was working on. If it is not available, we'll have to start from scratch on adapting the Barons Hed architecture. I would be glad to do so if necessary, but it would take a little more time.

Nah, I found out from his df2 discord that he didn't like our modern renderer or something and left.

Anyway, I've updated the map assignments in the first post.