Custom Species limits

Does anyone know what the limit rules are on the amount of custom species you can have/the amount of parts/file sizes/whatever

I ask this because my most recent addition to base custom seems to be breaking in strange and inconsistent ways.

Meh, I didn't care enough to look into it that deep. I just split my mod into two PK3's and told my fans to deal with it lol.

I don't know the exact number that's the max, I just remember that I split the pack alphabetically at "Rax Joris" so being toward the end of the alphabet I got "most" of them in.

Whatthefuck how can that be PK3 related heh.

No, really, does it stop working when you reach X files in a pk3?

Not hitting MAX_QPATH?

Simply too many models or species?

It works when you split the mod into several PK3s?

Send the large PK3 over to me, I'll see if I can find out why it gets borked.

HAY @@Inyri DO U NO Y YET?

Edited by Razish

Whatthefuck how can that be PK3 related heh.

No, really, does it stop working when you reach X files in a pk3?

Not hitting MAX_QPATH?

Simply too many models or species?

It works when you split the mod into several PK3s?

Send the large PK3 over to me, I'll see if I can find out why it gets borked.

HAY @@Inyri DO U NO Y YET?

Well, at the moment, it seems to have stopped being broken, however, I am aware that there are limits on the amount of custom parts you can use, and the amount of species you can add, I'm pretty sure I will hit those limits soon, so I was hoping someone would know what they are so I can plan to avoid them =P

Also, Inyri wasn't saying that it worked in seperate pk3s, the idea is you only put one of the two in base at one time =P

Did some digging. There appears to be no limit in species count (nor would there be, there's no need for a limit). However - You can only have up to 32 different customization parts of the same kind on one model (so 32 different heads/32 different torsos/32 different legs = 32768 different combinations on one species)

Well that's definitely wrong xD I have 50 legs and torsos on every base custom species, and there is definitely some kind of limit to the maximum number of player species *points at what happens when you install both spakni's sith and jedi custom mods*