Star Wars Jedi Knight Academy Port Forwarding Failure D:

Hi,

Recently I was trying to start up a makermod server so that my friend and I could relive the glory days. I followed a server setup tutorial for makermod (not much different, only thing that changes are the commands in the .cfg) and it directed me to portforward.com and I followed all the steps there, slightly bemused that my router model make didn't show up properly. That didn't seem to matter cause the general layout was the same for all the Technicolor models - I am using the TG797n v3 router. Anyway, the ports it gave for me to forward were a bit strange as I had never seen those numbers before on any server. The port numbers it gave for me to forward where as follows: 28060-28062, 28070-28081. Now this failed miserably and my server only showed up under local with the default local IP and no one could connect to it except myself. I figured then I'd have to open the ports through windows firewall and I did that but alas that made no difference. Oddly enough, next to my server name under the local selection is [uDP] I know that's a type of protocol but I have no idea what it's doing next to my server name. 

Any help would be massively appreciated to getting this server onto the internet and you would solve not only myselves but also my friend's troubles. I certainly hope there are some other people out there who have encountered this problem and maybe if this gets enough attention it could help them as well.

Thanks in advance,

DarthDementous

Smoo likes this

Update, working with Scooper (now a professional coder for a MMO company ^_^) I have been able to diagnose that its not a result of firewalls or closed ports because even though both Windows Firewall and my anti-virus software were de-activated, along with the router's firewall it was still impossible to connect to my server. I really hope this is something that can be fixed.

@@Onysfx Considering that its working now you're very welcome :D. IP is 121.217.89.184:29070 (won't be on until tomorrow GMT 10+ Australia 11am)

The solution was more annoying than complicated, the two websites I had sourced the port forwarding from lied to me. It listed the ports as what I have now found at as the Jedi Knight Outcast ones, no wonder it didn't work. For anyone interested the proper ports are 29060-29062, 29070-29081. That makes a lot more sense cause I've never seen a SWJKA server with an 8 as the second number for the port.

I suppose the only issue I'm having with the server now is that its not showing up on the server list although people can connect to it via IP. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated!

Smoo likes this