Greetings Everyone!

I've been gone a long time and haven't exactly made my return but all the old days modding has brought me recently into working on a project I am hoping to release before too long.  I've saved much of my old map files and have gone through them and reworked many of them into two possibly 3 maps for JK2, one of which was intended to be a no force ctf map which (as of yesterday), just aquired a major addition and rework that has sparked my interest in finishing the map.   I do not currently have a way to convert them to JA yet but it is planned at some point before release.

Good to see a community here for the JK series is still alive.  I will be adding more posts in the modding section and willl try to lend out my mapping expertise to those in need when I can.

Link, Boothand and therfiles like this

Yesss! Glad to see you here. I always thought of you and ook as legends when I was younger. I think you guys in combination with Shroomduck are what inspired me to start mapping.

Kool.  When I started jk2 and loaded my first cutom map I wanted to know how to do it.  8 years ago I think lol.  I talked to shroom a little by email recently and he logged into jk2 not too long ago.  U still playing JK2?  Or mapping for JA now or something?  The stuff I am working on might need a beta tester or some help converting the maps to JA as I have no clue where my copy of ja is.

Kool.  When I started jk2 and loaded my first cutom map I wanted to know how to do it.  8 years ago I think lol.  I talked to shroom a little by email recently and he logged into jk2 not too long ago.  U still playing JK2?  Or mapping for JA now or something?  The stuff I am working on might need a beta tester or some help converting the maps to JA as I have no clue where my copy of ja is.

He did? How cool. I still play JK2 1.02. I would be known as Chicken Spank back in the days, but I wouldn't suspect that you'd know me, as I rarely visited american servers. I was mapping for JK2, but finishing no maps, and though they were equally silly to about a carrot, I loved it. Mapping interest got revived some time ago and decided to map for JA, partially due to JK2 map scripting limitations and due to bigger mapping scene in JA. Long term project, it seems though.

I'd love to help testing and converting. As for your copy of JA, check out the last posts of this thread!

Lots of progress has been made on the couple maps I am working on.  I will try to get something added to the WIP before too long.  I may request some collaborative help for the WIP for a little somethign here or there.  I might could use some assistance with some custom water shader work.  Possibly a waterslide or during WIP will take some suggestions for making one.  I've got some pretty crazy ideas, just trying to make the best one work.  If this ctf map works out well like it's been, it should be quite memorable.