A dead body after force grip kill

It's more of a coding issue. When gripping, after the NPC dies from Grip, it plays the normal death animations, despite still being gripping in the air. It should recognize that the model is still being gripped, and the body should just go limp. So really, one could just change the code so when the gripped enemy is dead, to not play any animation and let the body turn into a rag doll body.

Omicron, Langerd and ChalklYne like this

JK ragdolls do suck. But it's up to somebody who knows coding to fix that, and it'll probably never end up happening. It'd have to be done in OpenJK, and I don't know if there was a licensed physics engine involved or not. Given the general lack of proper physics, I doubt it, but if there is, than that makes things more complicated.

I don't think physics engines even existed back when JKA was made. But you're right, JKA doesn't use a third party physics engine so any additional physics like better ragdoll would have to be coded up by someone. I'm interested in having a go, but I have a long list of things that need doing first.

DT. likes this